Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Here is an old discussion I found on google when I searched for made in usa circular saw:

Quite a few model names are given, and users verified they are labeled made in usa. Unfortunately the thread is from 2009. It might be worth cross referencing these models to see if they are still made in USA.

Supposedly stanley/black and decker has a bunch of factories in the USA. Not sure what they’re making in them.
Thank you I know from some searching Stanley/black and decker have products made in China. Mafell seems to be the big winner( I care about if the company made any of it or any product in China not just one tool)

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,343 Posts
Any companies that don’t make any of their products in China
I thought Hilti made their big diamond tools in China, and the power tools elsewhere - but it looks like I got that backwards. Big diamond tools in LA, corded and cordless in Shanghai. What a letdown. I was considering switching to get some Liechtenstein tools and they shot down my hopes dreams and aspirations.

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,343 Posts
Thank you I know from some searching Stanley/black and decker have products made in China. Mafell seems to be the big winner( I care about if the company made any of it or any product in China not just one tool)
The least expensive circular saw - and only one in the 7 1/4" blade size range (the others are HUGE) looks to be about 1600 bucks. It does a plunge cut, but ... 1600 bucks! They've got a track saw in the price range of the Festool, which also I think does the plunge thing? Idk - I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. I'll have to get the wifey to translate the videos or something - mein deutsch ist sehr schlecht.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts