Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m gonna join the union to become a framer and was wondering if there were any other made in USA brands besides Klein that I should use or go to for power tools since Klein doesn’t make them
(If they make a couple tools overseas as long as it isn’t China I would still like to know)

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts
I can’t imagine there are many power tools for carps being made in the USA. If you find any let us know.

Demanding quality and having pride in your tools is one thing. Being a nationalist stickler is quite another. I would just buy the well priced, proven stuff from the big brands, regardless of where they’re made.

A power tool for everyday professional use has a good chance of being obsolete or broken in five years.

Hammers? Screwdrivers? Other simple, forged tools with specific metalurgical and machining requirements? Yeah, I like to buy the best I can (but seldom dont). Sawzalls? Milwaukee.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I like to go with the American Made when possible also, but it's not easy. Dewalt and Milwaukee have a couple factories here. Festool is usually made in European countries. Makita has some made in Japan items.
No one company is going to exclusively have only made in USA tools. They all whore all over the world.

But check out Home of the Customized Titanium Hammer ⋆ Martinez Tool Company for some American made hand tools.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
For Power tools?
Highly unlikely.
There are smaller companies that specialize in hand tools.
For framing, you might find some pneumatic tool suppliers like Max, or Fasco. But I'm not even sure about that. Toolguyd.com has a lot of tool reviews that you can check out.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Occidental and Diamond back for tool belts, channel lock pliers, some starrett squares, lie neilson hand tools (pricey). Supposedly some Dewalt tools are, there web site says made with globally sourced material, so mostly assembled in US. Empire levels, Johnson levels, Lenox saw blades. Web search American made tools. Read the packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hack
3,034 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Occidental and Diamond back for tool belts, channel lock pliers, some starrett squares, lie neilson hand tools (pricey). Supposedly some Dewalt tools are, there web site says made with globally sourced material, so mostly assembled in US. Empire levels, Johnson levels, Lenox saw blades. Web search American made tools. Read the packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have web searched the only one I came across was Klein I know
There's a constantly updated thread here about Tools /products made in the USA... Check it out.
thanks though if there were other brands with more tools similar to Klein but with different tools that would be great

·
Super Moderator
30,022 Posts
I think my only amercian tools are my Occidentals, Swanson Squares estwing trim hammer, Stilleto nail bar, and Dalluge framing hammer. Had a T-bone that was too but I gave it away

I'm a Milawakee Fuel fan

Reactions: Randy Bush

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How is the only brand you found Klein? Those links I posted are first page of google, the second link is a list with dozens of manufacturers.
That fits where I asked for multiple tools and not a complete specialization of certain tools or they did make something in China I have triple checked every company today

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts
That fits where I asked for multiple tools and not a complete specialization of certain tools or they did make something in China I have triple checked every company today
Slow down, take a breath, and use punctuation. I don't know what you're saying here.

I'm just wondering how someone can join a forum, put two seconds into researching tools made in the USA, ask for help, receive help from people who put some time and thought into their responses, then reply with crap like this:

Looking for pneumatic and power tools now
What does that even mean, that you want me to go through the dozens of manufacturers listed on that one link I sent you, scouring for pneumatic tools? Does it mean that you already scoured the list, couldn't find anything, and are requesting different information? Put some ****ing effort in.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
For power tools, you may have some luck with the European brands.
Fein, Bosch, Mafell, Festool.
Won't be made in America, but at least not China. For some items.
Other than that, you'll have to go to the flea markets and find some of that old-tech made in USA goodness

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Slow down, take a breath, and use punctuation. I don't know what you're saying here.

I'm just wondering how someone can join a forum, put two seconds into researching tools made in the USA, ask for help, receive help from people who put some time and thought into their responses, then reply with crap like this:

What does that even mean, that you want me to go through the dozens of manufacturers listed on that one link I sent you, scouring for pneumatic tools? Does it mean that you already scoured the list, couldn't find anything, and are requesting different information? Put some ****ing effort in.
I already went through the whole list. Those brands aren’t making the tools I’m looking for. google hasn’t been of much use as the only one I found was maxusacorp.
I’m looking for brands that don’t make things in China

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For power tools, you may have some luck with the European brands.
Fein, Bosch, Mafell, Festool.
Won't be made in America, but at least not China. For some items.
Other than that, you'll have to go to the flea markets and find some of that old-tech made in USA goodness
Thank you
I think Bissette might be made in North America.
Thank you

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts
I already went through the whole list. Those brands aren’t making the tools I’m looking for. google hasn’t been of much use as the only one I found was maxusacorp.
I’m looking for brands that don’t make things in China
Here is an old discussion I found on google when I searched for made in usa circular saw:

Quite a few model names are given, and users verified they are labeled made in usa. Unfortunately the thread is from 2009. It might be worth cross referencing these models to see if they are still made in USA.

Supposedly stanley/black and decker has a bunch of factories in the USA. Not sure what they’re making in them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts