·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Wow, what a talent. Do you know how much some of those sold for?
The carvings are great the painting is unbelievable.

Thanks for posting that

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Definite skill to make the vision happen. People can have the skill to make drywall flat, etc. but a gift is to see what's not there yet and create it.

·
Registered
Custom
13,690 Posts
If that is paint, it's one thing to carve it, but another thing altogether to paint that.... amazing...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you say counterfeiter....:smile:

·
Registered
Remodel
31,158 Posts
Looks like something I'd do except for the carving and painting part. I'm pretty handy with clamps.:laughing:

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
Looks like something I'd do except for the carving and painting part. I'm pretty handy with clamps.:laughing:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm OK with a glue bottle myself.

..and I carved a bowl out of pecan wood once right after high school.:no:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Amazing talent! I liked where he wrote about dropping and breaking so he "folded over" the corner of the box. I probably would have sucked on a shotgun.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Product Chair Furniture Wood Metal

Does anyone know where to get high quality carving tools? I've started hand carving rocking chairs for the kids in the family, and is like to start carving some more intricate stuff.

I couldn't find any good tools, so I took regular chisels and ground them to my needs. I needed cupping and curves on them, so that was all I could think to do. Thx

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I've gotten some catalogs that have lots of carving tools... Woodcraft, Garrett Wade ,.Lee Valley.. etc. I'm not a woodcarver but there's a lot of tools in those catalogs.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
I'd have to charge that box of money for that box of money!!!!!

I guess it's fun and all but only too a point I'd rather spend my free time riding a toy!!!!

·
Registered
Remodel
31,158 Posts
I already know I'm no carver - I don't even try for fun. I'll do it if I have to and that's about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts