Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re-installed new panel onto old conduit/ feeders. Problem is now that we can barely get locknuts on (Iffy connection). This is an old 2 wire system using the conduit as the ground for whole bldg. Definately cannot get a bonding bushing on. Most conduits are only 2-4mm apart. Anyone know of any alternative method such as a thin clamping device such as a ground clamp only thinner above panel then running bonding jumper into panel or something of this sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re-installed new panel onto old conduit/ feeders. Problem is now that we can barely get locknuts on (Iffy connection). This is an old 2 wire system using the conduit as the ground for whole bldg. Definately cannot get a bonding bushing on. Most conduits are only 2-4mm apart. Anyone know of any alternative method such as a thin clamping device such as a ground clamp only thinner above panel then running bonding jumper into panel or something of this sort.
Do you have room to thread on a threaded coupling and the use a close nipple on the other end which will give you more threads into the panel?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,971 Posts
Why do you need to bond them?

·
Registered
391 Posts
You might have to un-reinstall the new panel and re-reinstall it again, this time use a gutter above the panel, and new proper length nipples from it down to panel, ensuring proper bonding of the metal conduits to the panel board.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bonding

Can't get a threaded nipple on there. Too tight in there. There are 2 with concentric Ko's left. We can't reinstall gutter above panel. Too long of story to explain why but it won't work in this case. I'll take some photo's and post later...

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Your going to think i am full of crap but i was going to mention these the other day, i didnt think you would have enough room to manuever them through the conduit so i didnt bother. I have used them in the past for grounding Propane lines at the steel couplings, they are all brass with a stainless screw so there is no worries of corrosion. Good luck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
clamps

you wouldn't know where I could order some of these online would you?? No close local dist. Would rather just order via online from some company.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I have never bought them online, i get them from my local hardware store. I beleive they cost $9-$11 a peice depending on size. I cant remember the actual name for them either. I will look tomorrow when i am there. mrmike may also no the correct name for them, he also does business at this same store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts