Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 2 months, I've received at least 6 emails in regards to how I install Swanstone products and my glue up method, mainly why I use silicone, PL Premium and Power Grab.

Let me start by stating that the Swan instructions do say to use silicone, however, my personal feeling is that the instructions are out dated and I can not get a compitant rep on the phone to tell me otherwise.

I use the silicone as recomended by spreading lines or dots on the wall. I also use PL Premium in the same manner by spreading lines or dots and I use a ton of both.
The Power grab is simply used in thick dots at random places on the wall and that stuff sets quick so it helps hold the walls in place while the other adhesives are curing. Power Grab also works very nice when installing the trim kits and accessories. Thusfar, I have NOT had a failure and today Tin was on the job with me and watched me glue up a wall kit so he'll attest that I don't play around when it comes to setting these wall systems.
If anyone else needs a visual, visit my youtube channel and watch the video where I install a Swan shower :thumbup:

My Swan installs will stand the test of time and out last any other wall system on the market.
(Your welcome to: Swanstone and Loctite for the promotion)
:laughing:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
ok not looking to start a fight or a pi**ing match, why use three products to achive one goal, hold in place a panel to a wall?

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
world llc said:
If you had tin assisting you today, you better have some orlando like pics....:whistling

you know, you smiling in the pic with the product placement:laughing:
Tin is like the neighbor from citcom, Home Improvement... No face shots allowed :laughing:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
When you say you use the PL Premium, are you referring to the polyurethane based product?

I was always told not to use that on Swanstone and similar, because it will burn (melt?) the product, and be visible from the finished side?

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lettusbee said:
When you say you use the PL Premium, are you referring to the polyurethane based product?

I was always told not to use that on Swanstone and similar, because it will burn (melt?) the product, and be visible from the finished side?
Yes, PL, and I've never had a problem even with white walls. From 2010 to current I've installed at least 80k (retail value) in their products with no issues. Corian provides an epoxy glue to set their shelves and that doesn't burn through...
Swan trim is molded and often bowed from the process, PL and power grab keeps it from moving while setting with no braces needed. Sometimes I use a tension rod to keep the mitres even while the glue sets.

·
Got Fire?
18 Posts

I've read the same thing and it also applies to FRP panels they say specifically NOT to use construction adhesive... only specific FRP panel adhesive due to burn through.

But if you have a system and it works for you roll with it!:thumbup:

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IRISContracting said:
I've read the same thing and it also applies to FRP panels they say specifically NOT to use construction adhesive... only specific FRP panel adhesive due to burn through.

But if you have a system and it works for you roll with it!:thumbup:
FRP is waaaaay thinner that Swan or Corian...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts