Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have completed buff and coat project of a gym. Total 18000 sq.ft. in two large areas.
We have used high solids Fabulon Gym finish and took a day with 6 guys. The results was excellent, it looked like new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How many gallons did that take?
7 pails..7x5=35 gallons. the main court was pretty good and turn out very nice, but in the aerobics area-not shown above-the earlier finish was applied so bad, we could not able to correct the runs, puddles etc. I told them upfront, but they asked me to try my best. Now I have a new contract to sand and finish that area 4500 sf during the Turkey week.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Coming from a residential background, and being bit in the past, I'm often hesitant to do big screen and coats. Several times over the years I've had adhesion problems from wax residues, and homer formsby polishes etc. What was your method? Did you test a spot, or just go for it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Coming from a residential background, and being bit in the past, I'm often hesitant to do big screen and coats. Several times over the years I've had adhesion problems from wax residues, and homer formsby polishes etc. What was your method? Did you test a spot, or just go for it.
Most of my jobs are residential;I spend some time to examine before if I can just B&C. But this gym was coated(badly) just 3 years ago, all we found was some gum split by the players. I originally figured and allocated like 3 days job. Were lucky to get it done in one day.

Guys in my neck of the woods and doing sport floor resand and finish at 1.50 a foot. Screen and recoat .35. Screw that.
Probably most of the country works for that numbers, but it is about connections, my price was 3.5 of those numbers. Even it was $0.35 for 18000 sq.ft pays $6300; 1500 finish and screens, $1200 for guys, still $3600 with P&O for one day is a trouble I like to have anytime.;)

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Most of my jobs are residential;I spend some time to examine before if I can just B&C. But this gym was coated(badly) just 3 years ago, all we found was some gum split by the players. I originally figured and allocated like 3 days job. Were lucky to get it done in one day.

Probably most of the country works for that numbers, but it is about connections, my price was 3.5 of those numbers. Even it was $0.35 for 18000 sq.ft pays $6300; 1500 finish and screens, $1200 for guys, still $3600 with P&O for one day is a trouble I like to have anytime.;)
I hear you. 3 gs a day is good but it seems low for the risks. How much does one recoat cost? Sand and refinish due to adhesion failure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts