Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, just a little humor. Anyway, I just got here and figured why not follow protical. Hope to be an asset to this club, I'm lilking it already. I frequent other boards, and most of them are more or less, "What color should I paint my house." Drives a guy nuts. Well I guess I should stop complaining and let you all get back to what you do best. By the way......what is it we do around here?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Tell us a little bit more about yourself.
Trade/Company/Role in that company/ Location...

I hope you enjoy the board

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Grumpy said:
I like to complain.
LOL, thats true!

Hopefully our discussions on this board encourage better business & trade skills all around.

I started this board after visiting serveral other "Trade Specific" boards for about 2 years. What I found is that 50% of the knowledge shared was trade specific... and the other 50% applied to all trades. Bascially, the marketing program that works for a landscaper will probably work for a painters too. Business/Marketing skills are universal.

Thats my 2 cents anyways :cheesygri

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well fine, if your gonna be noisey. LOL
I'm a journeyman framer and hanger. Extensive experience in tape and texture. Painting, plastering, roofing. Done all of these jobs over the course of servral years.
Currently working in Arizona, for a company called Matrix wallsystems, the sister co. of a G.C called Rhino Enterprises, They figured why not start a drywall outfit too and keep all the money. I'm a forman in the co. didn't want to, I like being there from the neck down, it's alot easier to get more work done that way. Never having to stop and answer questions or deal with those ever so inspiring meetings between G.C. and owners, (in case you didn't notice, That was sarcasm.) I love what I do, and I'm damn good at it, and I work hard doing it, hence the reason I like to be there from the neck down. I never went for that work smarter not harder thing. I sometimes wonder if that has been my problem all these years. O.K. is that enough or should I ramble on some more. You know I could tell you the story of my childhood! It's a good one. If you got the time. LOL See ya around the board fellas.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome broadslinger. I tried that work smarter thing too, a couple of times. I found out that I don't like office work and everyone will goof off if the threat of you stopping by is not in the back of thier minds. Plus, it's my exercise and I love it.
FYI; I'm 53, 6'2", 190, waist 34, chest 44, the same I was in High School except for the grey. I put in a solid 9 hrs. today and expect to do the same tomorrow and the next day.
My last physical, some little dweeb (taking my blood pressure) asked me if I was an athelete. I proudly told him no, I work for a living. I think that it went over his head. haha.
I'll spend my final days in the trenches and smile when I die.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teetor, should I worry when you give me your measurements. LOL. Starting to make me thinkthat you are spending to much time out in the glades, or taking to many long boat rides in the Carribean.

It's a great feeling when you look back at the end of the day, and say, "I built that." Ain't it?

By the way how's the mica job coming. She done changing her mind.

Check the profile if your I got ya wondering. LOL

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Hi Bubba, welcome to the site. I have yet to see a flame here and it is better than many of the BB's that we have been on.
You have to quit changing your username, it is very difficult to keep track of you. Maybe I'm from the old school when the're weren't so many of us to keep track of. LOL
Enjoy the site!

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Big welcome from Alaska...

too cold today.....

must.....get.........back.......in.......igloo........

U

·
0 Posts
Steve I didn't mean to confuse ya. I had this one even before the other place. And I know here everyone will get it, and not ask me why?

Thanks for the welcome fellas

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the invite Teetorbilt! Always looking for more places to spend my time and learn more. I am an electrician from the state of GA, Go Tech! YellowJacket fan! I have been an electrician for 20 years, held my license for the last ten, have a part time business, looking to go full time with it after collage! The kids not me. Love to fish, have almost run out of projects inside the house, time to redo the decks.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Love hot boiled peanuts and a cold beer! Life is good!

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
I have been to Hawkinsville before. Used to be in the National Guard in Macon, and part of our company was in Hawkinsville, and went down for an inspection. Gotta love those boiled PNUTS! :cheesygri

1 - 16 of 16 Posts