Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost finished with my new Alder Center island with 3cm granite slab top. Sanded everything down to 220, then shop it with Old Master's H20 sanding sealer, sanded, then shop with Old Master's H2O Polyurethane Satin. I sprayed on 4 coats (going in my kitchen, overkill, but why not) Also in alder I'm doing a ceiling box beam, vertical box beam and a window cut-out. I'm going to remove the hard-wood flooring and use California gold natural slate (two labs toe-nails make short work of the hard-wood). the center island is 3x4 hand planned edges and lower shelf. I was able to get the 3 cm slab @ 25 $ per sq ft- - - now if I can only swing that price for the rest of the house. The drawers and faces will go in next week.

I'll up date as the kitchen/whole house remodel continues.

The Alder without stain gives for a great natural finish. I'm planning on doing the rest of the case/doors, and base the same way.

Attachments

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
that island looks old school and I love it. It makes the kitchen more intimate I think.

is it sitting on carpet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In the current state the center island is hanging out on both hardwood, carpet and some old school lanolim (sp) Hopefully when the funds pick back-up. The entire kitchen and dining area will be natural slate california gold. Personal remodel so she's going to be slow. So far everythings pretty much been at cost so I can't compain.

The entire house and landscaping need to be remodeled so it's going to be a long process. The 380 K house in Stbt Springs doesn't get you the 380K house in the middle of Kansas!!!! Even back in Va beside UVA my house would only be in the low 200Ks, ole well I can essentially go snow mobiling out my back yard :cheesygri

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts