Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's their email:

Hi Owen,

My name’s Kelsea and I just wanted to introduce myself as the new Angie’s List representative for your market. I know you had spoke with Matt in the past and I just wanted to touch base with you and see how things are going! Ruby Construction is still eligible to become a Featured Profile and I think it may be very beneficial for you! In the last 90 days, we’ve had 58 requests for kitchen and bath remodeling and 75 requests for general remodeling, all in your area! That’s 133 members who could be your potential customers!

Please let me know if you’re still interested in talking about becoming a Featured Profile and don’t hesitate to call me or send me an email!

Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful day! :

Kelsea Metheny
Angie's List
Phone: 866-543-5478 ext. 3761
Fax: 317-803-9187
Email: [email protected]
Here is my resonse:

Hello Kelsea,

I must confess, I am not very fond of Angie's List and I doubt I would ever choose to advertise with you.

I think it is very disingenuous to have a website that purports itself to be looking out for the best interest of it's customers(or at least who your "customers" are supposed to be, the service reciever) and then selling advertising space to companies who are providing those services. I should not have to hand you money for your "customers" to see my company.

They should see my company because we do top quality work at a fair price and you customers have already voiced that opinion. I find it lauguable that there are (the last I checked) only 3 companies listed in kitchen and bathroom remodeling for my area, one of the companies has never been rated by any AL member, the other has a poor rating, we have an excellent rating and yet I have never so much as recieved a lead from being listed and yet you folks are constantly telling me how many leads you are getting for our service category.

If your service worked in the best interest of the service reciever I would be getting leads already and would not need to hand you any cash.

Sincerely,

Owen R. Sechrist
Ruby Construction LLC
717-475-5986
I'm interested to see her response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.