Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience buying airline tickets? Good ways and bad ways? What about planes? 737? 757? Airbus? Does it matter?

I need a couple of round trip tix to LAX from the DC area. Sat departure- Tue return. Suggestions?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Expedia got round trips from Palm Beach to Providence for $84.00 with a little lead time. I don't think that a sat departure qualifies you for the over weekend rates. Try it and then try for a Fri depart and see what happens.

Where's 747 when we need him? Just cruisin' around? LOL

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How 'bout it Teetor, you seem to be the well traveled sort - any particular bird you prefer flying on domestically? (The Grumman Goose doesn't count - commercial jetliners only please :cheesygri )

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Actually I used to fly Wright Airlines but then they came out with the Tri-Motor. LOL

Last that I knew, Southwestern was the #1 carrier from the passengers viewpoint. They were still serving food too.

In the small carry-on (hard case).
Travel bag with toothpaste, razor and such.
Food, a couple of Snickers, M&M's, Granola bars and a recently purchased sub if I'm going cross country or overseas. Don't take solid cholcolate bars, they show up the same as plastiques. A couple of miniture liquor bottles filled with Melinda's XXX sauce and at least one other filled with Tabasco, good to have if they do serve food, helps kill the taste. Pack a change of clothes, in case they lose your luggage. All of this confusion sets you up for inflight booze. Take a cheap cologne bottle with a screw off top, rinse everything well with a 1/3 chlorine solution and rinse better. Let dry for a day or two. Refill with your favorite CLEAR beverage and check for leaks, no leaks and you're in. I like 3/4 vodka and 1/4 Frangelica, it mixes well with club soda, 7-up, Sprite or any other light sodas, smells like cologne too. You may want to play with your own mix, it's fun. Just remember color and odor, Jack Black will probably not make it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts