Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew where there was an airless For Sale preferably a 1.5 gpm electric rig? Srpay Tech, Graco it doesn't really matter as long as it is in good shape and it is reasonably priced.

Cranky Yankee

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Have you checked at the local rental places? Sometimes they sell off old equiptment for reasonable prices, they usually take pretty good care of their stuff too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Plug into your search engine: "Craigslist". That will return you a page with a bunch of cities here and overseas. Pick out a nearby big city, and bring up it's screen. Then go to the tools section and check the listings/offerings. A lot of H.O. stuff, but frequently pro quality comes up. If you don't see anything, then bring up the "wanted" section and it will guide you through. It's free. I would avoid anyone selling some like a drywallers bazooka for just a hunnert bucks, when it's worth a thousand. Karma ya know.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
re airless

Crankee yankee
I had the best luck with my airless purchases at paint manufacturer store which provides onsite repairs. most units were used by local paint contractors, were of professional grade, and turned in or traded for new units. Graco's were totally rebuilt, and rep could even tell you which ones would be ideal for your use, and which ones were neglected, or shown heavy wear and abuse.
I am out of Massachusetts, so i doubt my contact would work for you. But I'm sure if you asked local painting contractors you could gain some idea of where to find this type of outlet.

How's the hits down in Florida, my kid lives down there and tells me that since the wicked weather pattern hit the state last year, there's plenty of work.
Unusual pattern up here in the northeast since the crash a few years ago.

Best of luck!
charlie

·
Registered
92 Posts
E-Bay- Click on Home then paint and sprayers, then type "airless" in the search- I got a Graco UltraMax for next to nothing. I now have 2 SpeeFlo's that I got from S/W. They fix any problems w/ the machines.
I don't think your going to find many sprayers for a cheap price that can handle 1.5 gpm. That will cost you about $4000. My SpeeFlo's are rated at three guns- 1.25 gpm and that costs around $3600 per machine.
SprayTech is more or less a throw away pump. 500 gallons and it is time to cash it in. The repair guy at S/W said it doesn't pay to even fix them- so IMO they are not worth buying if your going to use the machine a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts