Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Design Build
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my pictures that the iPhoto pgm has found by scanning for them EVERYWHERE, and I came across these from 1999.

When I got to group some of the guys would take those disposable cameras with them when we jumped. Since we jumped with -1C or -1D (MC1-1C/D) parachutes, they are steerable due to the cut outs in the back. So these guys would "fly" themselves at each other to get "action" shots while in descent.

Well, after this little incident, the use of photographic devices while in the act of parachuting is prohibited.

Attachments

·
Design Build
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They became tangled. Then the upper chute started to collapse and re-inflate because the lower chute was taking all the forced air. So the they started leap frogging - which means someone will burn in hard.

So they both popped their reserves. It was "pop everything and hope for the best". They both were okay. One could have been killed though.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Airborne! :) Very nice photos...brings back the memories of jump school.

I always cherish the groups and free fall.. had a few close calls myself with the chutes and problems with my reserve once.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Long ago, there was a company that built the Great Lakes aerobatic bi-planes in Enid, Oklahoma, and to fly one, you had to get parachute qualified. 3 jumps.

All I can say is I did it, and never again. But I did enjoy flying the "Lakes" and later, a Stearman, and knew if I had to use the chute, at least I would know what to expect. I cannot imagine being in the Airborne and doing this stuff over and over.....

So Wall, how many jumps did you actually make?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts