Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

air manifold

4904 25
Hello all i wanted to share

Lock

Electronic component

something I've Ben working on. Looking for some feed back on if this would be a use full tool or not.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
I thought of this wen i was roofing. Its a 6 way air manifold machined from solid aluminum i added a steel loop to the end so it can be attached to something so it don't fall of the roof.
I would think a bigger line coming in might be neede if multiple tools will be used at once
Reactions: CO762
I thought about stepping up to a 1/2 air hose but i ran this splitter with 6 shooters on a roof job with no problems.
It's a good idea, but you need to figure out how restrictive it will be to airflow. May want to use a larger feed.
I made almost the same exact thing. I have a 3/4" tundra feed line. It had 4 framers going no problem. The hook is a good idea.
So what size feed line would be ideal. I allwase used a 3/8 but never ran more then 6 roofing guns
And not all of them were fast shooters
I prefer using a main feed line 1/2" with 1/2" fittings to a 10gallon tank that has an air splitter on it. Using a single splitter has caused problems with air. The air pig seems to be a noticeable improvement. Same as stepping upto 1/2" lines and fittings for the main. Using 1/4" from the splitter
Reactions: CanningCustom
Are you what are you doing roofing or framing ? And how many guns
I prefer using a main feed line 1/2" with 1/2" fittings to a 10gallon tank that has an air splitter on it. Using a single splitter has caused problems with air. The air pig seems to be a noticeable improvement. Same as stepping upto 1/2" lines and fittings for the main. Using 1/4" from the splitter
Framing. Generally have 4+ framers going. Not uncommon to have 6-8 guns out. We burn on a good day when we are maxing out the compressor nearly 3 boxes of 4500ct spikes.

Attachments

Ya that's big time framing. i never ran more then 3 framing guns on one of these.
13500 IN A DAY:eek:?
Framing. Generally have 4+ framers going. Not uncommon to have 6-8 guns out. We burn on a good day when we are maxing out the compressor nearly 3 boxes of 4500ct spikes.
What is something like this worth. And who would bye it.
What's what worth the air pig or the manifold?
What is something like this worth. And who would bye it.
I seen a few guys using the dewalt manifold.

Tool Handheld power drill Impact wrench
Reactions: Dustincoc
You should make your trunk lines with Hi Flow fittings. I use them for my HVLP guns and they flow a TON more air then standard fittings.

http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-5-Piece...92851840&sr=8-1&keywords=hi+flow+air+fittings
The air manifold. I would use legacy air fittings they have some nice hi flow couplers
These are something i would like to build and sell. I'm just trying to find out if its a worth wile project. I found the air manifold to be vary use full on the job but that's just my opinion i would like to know everyone else's. Would you bye one if you seen it at lows. And what would you pay. Thanks for all the info its Ben help full
The one attached to my air tank has 1/2" fittings in and out and 4 1/4". Think it costs like 15-20$. You'd have to beat that lol
Reactions: CanningCustom
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.