Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size hoses are you guys using? I currently have a 375cfm compressor with 1 1/2" I.D. Air hose and 1 1/4" I.D. Blast hose with a #7 double venturi nozzle.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That is pretty much the Norm for that set-up. If you are using say 150' or more of blast hose then you might would want to bump the air line to 2" just for volume purposes is all. I have my contractors to run 1 1/4" blast hose all the way to the nozzle. The last 50' of hose is the Clemco Supa-Flex hose. It is the same outside diameter as a 1" blast hose, but the ID is of a 1 1/4" blast hose. You loose less pressure this way. All hoses should be sized correctly to reduce pressure loss as much as possible. I hate seeing people using a 185 compressor and running a 3/4" airline to their blast pot and then running 1 1/4" Blast hose to the nozzle and then having to run a #4 or #5 nozzle to keep the pressure up.

·
Know your Role
64 Posts
I have the same compressor and run 225 ft regularly. I use 1 1/2" for the 100 ft. 1 1/4" the 2nd 100 ft. and then the Marco 1 1/4 ID whip hose the last 25 ft. and it works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts