Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new air condishiner from a internet company. They said it is easy to install and I can do it in a weekend. I got a new heater and a new cindensor. It cost me $2500.00 for the stuff. I am right now building my house and so I need to know how to install this stuff. I don't have anything built at this time but I like the idea of doing it myself. Can you help me please?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unregistered said:
I just ordered a new air condishiner from a internet company. They said it is easy to install and I can do it in a weekend. I got a new heater and a new cindensor. It cost me $2500.00 for the stuff. I am right now building my house and so I need to know how to install this stuff. I don't have anything built at this time but I like the idea of doing it myself. Can you help me please?
Anytime you do a job you have never done before, its a role of the dice. It could turn out well, or you could end up with a job that looks like side-job-charlie or some pegleged contractor who thinks he is a pirate did it. Plus there is the safety factor. Even so called "pros" have been known to do really stupid things like shooting nails through their hands. And if you have any problems, you have no warranty. You have to call the manufactures tech rep who is probably some clueless overweight clown whos office is in the companies mens room. You might consider getting someone in the trade to do it after hours, but then the guy will be work in late and you ll really get a crappy job. Good luck.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unregistered said:
Anytime you do a job you have never done before, its a role of the dice. It could turn out well, or you could end up with a job that looks like side-job-charlie or some pegleged contractor who thinks he is a pirate did it. Plus there is the safety factor. Even so called "pros" have been known to do really stupid things like shooting nails through their hands. And if you have any problems, you have no warranty. You have to call the manufactures tech rep who is probably some clueless overweight clown whos office is in the companies mens room. You might consider getting someone in the trade to do it after hours, but then the guy will be work in late and you ll really get a crappy job. Good luck.
Name dropper, hey, those guys.............they are founding members of the MFCSA...........and my heros too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unregistered said:
Name dropper, hey, those guys.............they are founding members of the MFCSA...........and my heros too.
Yeah, but as a charter member, I feel left out. Why was I not mentioned?

Seriously though, your local Junior college will have some courses in how to install and startup your air conditioner. I'll bet you would really enjoy attending, plus you'll learn how to repair anything that might go bad on your new system.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unregistered said:

Bama' Gave you some sound advice! PLUS you need some special equipment such as a vacuum pump and a recovery syst. Those two are big bucks, and can't be rented! Do you need refridgerant? You can't buy it unless your certified! Got the picture? HIRE SOMEONE! :cool:

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concerned

As a licensed HVAC contractor it concerns me that anyone who can not air conditioning is contemplating installing their own system.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As a licensed HVAC contractor it concerns me that anyone who can not spell air conditioning is contemplating installing their own system.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
"As a licensed HVAC contractor it concerns me that anyone who can not spell air conditioning is contemplating installing their own system."

"HIRE SOMEONE!"

Some VERY good advice!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
?????????????

How did you figure out what size a/c you needed??? After it is installed, how you gonna check freezone. You know SH,SC,RLA,NRA and all that good stuff.

U

·
0 Posts
MFCSA said:
How did you figure out what size a/c you needed??? After it is installed, how you gonna check freezone. You know SH,SC,RLA,NRA and all that good stuff.
Hey??!!! What happened to my reply???

----------------------------------------------

Your post was deleted because it contained curse words and had no real value.
I welcome your involvement on this board but I will not allow you to make a mockery of it.

Also, you seem to visit this board daily so please register so I can talk with you directly about this instead of posting messages for you.Click here to Register

At least sign your post!
You can also email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Nathan

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unregistered said:
Hey??!!! What happened to my reply???

----------------------------------------------

Your post was deleted because it contained curse words and had no real value.
I welcome your involvement on this board but I will not allow you to make a mockery of it.

Also, you seem to visit this board daily so please register so I can talk with you directly about this instead of posting messages for you.Click here to Register

At least sign your post!
You can also email me at [email protected]rschatroom.com

Thanks,
Nathan

To think I have been edited because I axed a question. This place is just like that canadian place only not as popular. All I got from that other place was "hire someone". Why don't you guys give out free information so I kin do it myself!?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Unregistered said:
To think I have been edited because I axed a question. This place is just like that canadian place only not as popular. All I got from that other place was "hire someone". Why don't you guys give out free information so I kin do it myself!?
You’re post was edited because of your language.

While you are free to ask question on this board you should know that this board is not meant for DIY homeowners. This board was put together to help contractors help each other with their businesses and trade knowledge.

The reason we are telling you to hire someone is because what you’re trying to do is difficult and can even be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

As far as this board not being popular goes... We only opened this board up to the public 3 weeks ago. I think were doing pretty well for only being live for that long

Thanks,
-Nathan

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nwingate said:
You’re post was edited because of your language.

While you are free to ask question on this board you should know that this board is not meant for DIY homeowners. This board was put together to help contractors help each other with their businesses and trade knowledge.

The reason we are telling you to hire someone is because what you’re trying to do is difficult and can even be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

As far as this board not being popular goes... We only opened this board up to the public 3 weeks ago. I think were doing pretty well for only being live for that long

Thanks,
-Nathan
Not if you keep editing based on your own opinions of what you consider proper. The first reply you edited had no cuss words in it at all. Most people don't care for the opinions of only one person, but hey, its your board, you can post your opinions to the droves of people who won't come here just because they don't want to read only your position on things.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Unregistered said:
Not if you keep editing based on your own opinions of what you consider proper. The first reply you edited had no cuss words in it at all. Most people don't care for the opinions of only one person, but hey, its your board, you can post your opinions to the droves of people who won't come here just because they don't want to read only your position on things.

I appreciate your feedback and I will keep that in mind.

I do not, however, understand how telling us what part of your body you wipe with your NRA magazine has to do with this topic.
I also don't understand what value there is to telling someone who asks what type of landscaping equipment to buy to get a goat.

Please understand that anyone is welcome to ask questions on this board as long as you stay on topic and don't insult other people. I will not stand for this type of abuse.

I'm now going to lock this thread. If you have any more questions or if you wish to carry on this conversation please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Nathan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.