Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in another thread someone asked if you could hook two 150cfm compressors together to get 300cfm. It wasn't answered so that is why I am starting a new thread. I hope to combine a 150cfm and a 190cfm compressor to get higher cfm rating. That will allow a larger blast tip for quicker base removal, correct?

·
Todd
848 Posts
sounds like to me the cost of running two compressors is gonna make it cost in-effective...but air is air and if you find a way to make them both go into one device without the air from one trying to fight its way into the outlet of the other one then it should work but i have serious doubts you will be able to get that part figured out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sounds like to me the cost of running two compressors is gonna make it cost in-effective...but air is air and if you find a way to make them both go into one device without the air from one trying to fight its way into the outlet of the other one then it should work but i have serious doubts you will be able to get that part figured out.
I haven't personally seen, but have heard that (especially in fields with HUGE air compressors like the mines) some guys can synch big, 1000+ CFM compressors together so they don't blow the oil out the other one's screw when they aren't pumping at the same pressure. I've also heard that some guys just get lazy and slave one's controls to the other so they rev at close to the same pressure at the same time...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Souds like it might be better to just find another pot and have two guys blasting. Thanks for the info, I never thought about one overpowering the other. I guess 2 check valves the size needed for this much cfm would cost an azz load too.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
As new user I feel horrible for this necromancy but I think I have some good .02

The phenomenon of "one compressor overpowering the other" only happens if A) one compressor is running at a higher PSI or B) the compressors are charging out of sync.

A check valve can remedy this.

Mating two compressors is not that hard to do, Will cost some because fittings will have to be bought to make the custom plumbing. It works best with TWIN compressors. Set the regulators on both to identical PSI and charge them up simultaneously and there should be no extra work for either.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

grimpy, I have restored tractors and cars for years. I have often run into guys that can afford to have their equipment restored at a good rate. Are you an *******? pa

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

if you bought a used helmet and a a used pot and have used eveything , How the **** do you help out me.... how does your used up **** help my three kids. I have tried to help people out but wtf Send me money Ill help you. f off

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

This is for real. I have a two year old and two other kids, nine and four, I provide these kids shelter and homes with sandblasting. It is our lives. Dont take it easy. It is my life, PA

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Panderson, I'm sorry your kids have an ass for a dad. I hope you are gone alot so they don't grow up like you. I do the best with what I got. Aren't you the one that post how awesome you are? Go post in others threads if you have nothing contructive to add.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts