Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
AIA G702 Application for Payment and 703 Continuation sheet are copy righted property of the AIA. They are not available legally outside of the AIA.

Like most GC's that use similar "methods" regularly; We've created our own versions in Excel that are much easier to use.

AIA is shooting themselves in the foot by overcharging for their forms. I just did a A107 (limited Scope agreement) cost us like $90 and is so un-user friendly. We've talked about getting our lawyers to draw up our own version (with similar terms) but never got around to doing it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
We've been using pem software for years now. Pemsoftware.com $180 one time fee for it and can use it over as many times as you like. Will keep all your aia documents in one place, saves and transfers all the old info into the correct columns when you go to the next application. You can bill by amounts, percentage and retainage all in a few seconds after the initial setup and data entry. Save and print the forms to printer or PDF. Will also let you go back to previous applications and restore to the previous amounts if you screw something up. If you are using aia forms a bunch it's a nice program to have, pretty easy to figure out and use.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
The Party that requires the AIA forms has to supply them....

Original, legal copies have red ink and dates stamped along the bottom of the forms.

It is a scam, lettting Archtitects write the contracts is silly, "if we forget anything, fix for free... if the plans don't meet codes, its on the subs to fix it and produce 'as builts' for the vegetables that took 6% 0f the gross for a couple of pretty pictures...

The tendency of the various parties to ignore the niceties of copyrights general reflects their average integrity.

Your posting for copyright violations help has me thinking you're morally below average.:smile: Or just ignorant?

And I am reporting this post as solicting a criminal act....

·
Registered
442 Posts
If someone chooses to use an illegal copy of an AIA document, what else are they willing to do that isn't legal? Like maybe being improperly licensed, work with out permits, ignore or hide that asbestos, hire illegals?

The AIA has great documents, and most people don't have a problem with the terms. However if you use them a lot, you're much better off having a lawyer make your own with similar terms. I think it used to cost $400 for a annual unlimited limited license. I think Iour lawyer charged us $600 for our own version of the contracts, one standard and one limited scope. The AFP, continuation sheets, lien waivers, warentees we did all on our own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts