Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone here really uses AdWords but I've had great results with it this year.
A couple things I want to share in the hopes it might help anyone:

1. Page load times seem to really affect your QS. I recently switched web hosting services (new service is much faster) and I saw a bump across the board in my quality scores. Don't think I can attribute it to anything else.

2. If you are bidding on keywords, those keywords should be in your landing page.
Close matches are OK, but for example if you are bidding on your competitor's business name and that word/ name is not on your landing page, your QS will likely be very low. It may be possible to cleverly sneak the word/ phrase into your site without it being obvious.
I learnt this fact directly from Google's AdWords call center. I was surprised by how candid the help tech was: he really spelled it out for me on this point.

Of course, a low quality score means A) you'll pay more per click, B) you'll show up lower in results and C) your ad will be shown less often (impression share).

·
Driveway Cleaner
80 Posts
I don't understand adwords. One day I spend $3.00 on a click, and the next day I spend 67 cents for the same keyword! I just can't figure it out. I accidently signed up for adwords express and was getting ten clicks a day with no calls, just seems fishy to me. When I finally found where the added expense was from I deleted the ad and it still went on for a week with 5 or 6 clicks per day from nowhere.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't understand adwords. One day I spend $3.00 on a click, and the next day I spend 67 cents for the same keyword! I just can't figure it out. I accidently signed up for adwords express and was getting ten clicks a day with no calls, just seems fishy to me. When I finally found where the added expense was from I deleted the ad and it still went on for a week with 5 or 6 clicks per day from nowhere.
There are many variables and settings that can affect what you pay and how your ads are displaying. You have a good base for a website but you should develop it further before spending money on Google.

For example you have a pressure washing page on your site. On this page you list more services near the bottom in a bullet list. Each one of those pressure washing services should have it's own page.

Driveways and Sidewalks <--- Create it's own page.
Pool Cage, Pool Deck and Lanai <--- Create it's own page.
Houses-Using Softwash Technique <---Create it's own page.
Fences <--- Create it's own page.
Soffits, Gutters and Trim <---- Create it's own page.
Decks and Docks <---- Create it's own page.
Irrigation Rust Stain Removal <---- Create it's own page.
Composite Decks <---- Create it's own page.

The same applies to your other services... Break them down into pages.

This becomes especially important when you begin to venture into paid search marketing (Adwords). When someone hits Google and searches for somebody to "Pressure Wash a Fence" you'll have a page of your website for that. This will help lower your cost-per-click as well help you convert more of your traffic into leads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts