Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is the first time I come into the Drywall forum since i am a painting contractor. I came into this forum seeking some advice from the pros.

I recently was offered a job to texture and paint a bedroom. The owners removed wallpaper from the walls and found out that they were bare underneath. that is why they want texture on the walls only. They want the walls to look similar to the ceiling which is a skip trowel texture. I know how much to estimate for the painting, but the texturing is a different story I am not that experienced in texturing yet. I already practiced on some sheets and got a texture that resembles the one on the ceiling. I know some people work faster than others, and i will probably be slower than most since i still lack the experience, but i want to know on the average how long should it take to skip trowel a bedroom? I'm just looking for the time it should take to actually perform the task of texturing since i have already estimated for all the masking and prepwork.
also, should i prime the walls before applying the texture?

Here is the description of the bedroom:

It is 10ft. by 10ft. and 8ft. high
only walls will be textured, no ceiling or closet
there is one window measuring about 4ft. by 4ft.
the entry way to the closet measures about 8ft wide by 6ft. high
there is also a built in cabinet on one of the walls wich also measures about 4ft.by 4ft.

·
Registered
114 Posts
a room that size shouldn't take but 2-3 days with one guy. you might allow yourself an extra day in case you have any problems. even not having done it before, you should be ok. as for the priming, it's a preference thing. it works ok both ways, but some people just prefer to prime first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts