Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm very new to all of this, but thought I might give it a whirl to see if anyone may have some advice for my cottage which was built back in 1920. When I first bought it it was on jacks?
Here...
Plant Hat Composite material Slope Geological phenomenon

Then these guys went under it and dug holes and used some plastic sleeves? to add concrete pilons under it. But they werent done great I guess and there has likely been some movement, so now this is how it looks...
Wood Flooring Soil Landscape Building
Rectangle Wood Gas Tints and shades Water

So from the outside now its moving forward???
Window Land lot Twig Wood Building
Property Window Building Plant Wood

So I need to get some footers dug and then a beam put across so I am told. But because heavy equipment cant get back there if I were to buy something like a 43-cc 1 or 2-Man Auger Powerhead, do you think that could work to dig down to the frost line perhaps? To then be able to add the cement and all that? Because the issue is there isn't a ton of space back there. I cant seem to be able to add another image but maybe I can in the comments.
I am just trying to find some cost effective measure as I havent the money to make a whole new foundation etc even though I get that would be the ideal solution. So I am trying to see how to salvage it.
Any advice would be so greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi! I'm very new to all of this, but thought I might give it a whirl to see if anyone may have some advice for my cottage which was built back in 1920. When I first bought it it was on jacks?
Here...
View attachment 527078
Then these guys went under it and dug holes and used some plastic sleeves? to add concrete pilons under it. But they werent done great I guess and there has likely been some movement, so now this is how it looks...
View attachment 527076 View attachment 527075
So from the outside now its moving forward???
View attachment 527084 View attachment 527073
So I need to get some footers dug and then a beam put across so I am told. But because heavy equipment cant get back there if I were to buy something like a 43-cc 1 or 2-Man Auger Powerhead, do you think that could work to dig down to the frost line perhaps? To then be able to add the cement and all that? Because the issue is there isn't a ton of space back there. I cant seem to be able to add another image but maybe I can in the comments.
I am just trying to find some cost effective measure as I havent the money to make a whole new foundation etc even though I get that would be the ideal solution. So I am trying to see how to salvage it.
Any advice would be so greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.