Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stepped out in the porch to have a smoke, enjoying the rain, and I remembered somthing my uncle and I did in Peoria in the mid 80s (we partnered up for a year)

Things got slow, we were expecting a big rain so we ran a bunch of roofing ads. it paid off really big.

Anyone else ever use weather to guide their ads?

Somthing like this might help your new company Grump.

Bob

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Once I get slightly better organized I shall have a pile of post cards stamped addressed and ready to go. The adds will be targeted to leak repair and when a forecast for heavy rain for a couple day period is predicted I will mail the post cards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For those who mail postcards out to advertise general remodeling work, do you target them? If so, to who? And how successful have these been for you? I'm thinking about doing some myself. I'd like to get a system down where I mail a certain number out every week. Can't hurt, right?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Location of home. Value of home. Income of owner. I'd love it if I could do it by age of home also but I haven't been able to find a list like that yet.

Every house 10 years through 15 years would be getting a letter from me at least a few times a year.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Hey Grump,

I bet if you did a search, you could find out approx when some subdivisions went up. that would give you a really good idea on the ages of a particuliar area

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's called a cross reference directory Grump. Realitors use them alot. They cost about 300.00 for any city of size like Chicago.

Bob

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Yep, title companies usually provide that information for free to realtors. I don't know why I have so many friends who are realtors, but they tell me that anytime I want that stuff to let them know, they can get lists on disk or even labels from title companies of that stuff for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts