Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys getting the most return from your dollar? I'm in RSA, so I would love to hear what some of you guys are doing abroad. Obviously word of mouth is the most important, and my service is great, I just want to try and take the business to the next level. Getting new clients through other means, you know what I mean? Your thoughts would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know of a business friend that seams to be doing very well on customer discount cards.

He orders them online and offers his customers 15% off the total invoice. He claims that his hvac/ac business has picked up after giving out these type of cards.

I'm not sure if I would want these cards kicking around and having to give a 15% discount on all my invoices.....

Word of mouth,decals on my trucks,clean uniforms ..seam to be the best for me.
I have tried flyers ( waste of time and money)
I've tried post cards in doors (two calls on 1500 cards)
Lots and lots of business cards seam to work..

Another trick I learned is I ALWAYS give out two cards at a time .
Customers tend to put the cards in two different places which makes it easier for them to find one when they need it.
Or if they give one to a friend they still have one for themselves..
Business cards are cheap put them to work for you..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome stuff. Yeah me and my guys are always well dressed / clean vans etc. I like the business cards idea, that 2 at a time is very clever indeed ;) We have also hooked up with a few commercial supply stores who recommend us to install for a commission. Just looking at going one step further.

I don't think loyalty cards like that are a good idea? They seem to cheapen the brand a bit? That's my view anyway.

The Plumber Bro's
The Electrician Bro's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts