Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
1,183 Posts
carolinahandyma said:
Has anyone tried this new advertising on Twitter? See http://ads.twitter.com/
I'm a big twitter guy but none of my customers residential follow me so would not see my adds. As for b2b dunno maybe if some local business were on twitter and saw my add. I think it's good way of getting my name out there similar to FB. Feel free to follow @thinkpainting

·
Web Guy
17 Posts
I've heard mixed opinions on Twitter ads, but for the most part I would wait until the platform matures. I think the biggest barrier for small businesses is the lack of tying a sale back to a tweet advert.

There are some $100 coupons flying around the web so maybe you can find one and test it out. Like any advertising you have to test it to determine if it will work for your business, what works for some doesn't for others...

Good Luck

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Gary V says you need to look for people looking for painting, masonry, remodeling ect. although he is looking for people looking for wine, might be easier on a national level.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Don't know about twitter, but I'm trying Facebook and LinkedIn ads. I think Twitter would be harder to get a return on, but I don't really know.

·
Vendor
167 Posts
I tried running 3 ads at the same time on LinkedIn. 2 of the ads had the EXACT same target audience, but the ads themselves were worded different. The one ad got 3x more impressions, not results, but impressions with the exact target. This is the second time I wasted money with them and won't again.
The first time I had a problem was that they said I had visitors going to my site, but yet my specific page I had set up to see the traffic proved otherwise with google analytics.

Lyle

·
Nest Home Improvement
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to try it. It has only been running for 2 days but here are the results thus far.

17 impressions and zero clicks to date. They only charge by the click so the impressions are free. I plan to try it for a month to see how it works out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What is a typical CTR with Twitter anyway? Facebook is like 1 in 500 impressions. You may have a long way to go!

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
I'm a big twitter guy but none of my customers residential follow me so would not see my adds. As for b2b dunno maybe if some local business were on twitter and saw my add. I think it's good way of getting my name out there similar to FB. Feel free to follow @thinkpainting

Nick is right. Dont waste your money.
Don't advertise, use it as a relationship building tool :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts