Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was thinking about different ways to get my business out there. I found that Uhaul actually sells out their old rental trucks. It is a great way to have advertising space on all sides of the truck. Not to mention the truck is yours to use at your own discression. It can even be used as a moving Billboard!

·
Banned
846 Posts
Only problem with U-Haul is that their 26' trucks have a ridiculously low GVW. It's 18,000 or 19,000 pounds. I'd buy one to use as a mobile landscaping shed but I'd want at least 26,000GVW. Other than that they're pretty decent for a bare bones truck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here's Another Great Idea!

I use to rent 40' semi trailer bodies either ground level or on wheels. I would find a business on a good traffic road and then I would have a 40'x8' full vinyl sign put on the side of the trailer. Either one side or both pending where I was going to park it.

I would also let the store owner use the trailer for self storage an exchange for rent. Sometimes I would need to pay some small rent fee but it was always much cheaper then buying billboards.

·
Registered
910 Posts
When I was thinking about different ways to get my business out there. I found that Uhaul actually sells out their old rental trucks. It is a great way to have advertising space on all sides of the truck. Not to mention the truck is yours to use at your own discression. It can even be used as a moving Billboard!

Unless you bless it with a new paint job and flames, people will see and note not to call that contractor who owns such a rusty piece of crap. Otherwise good idea :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts