Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
PRO
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a General contractor in Tampa Florida. I deal mostly with Concrete, footers and foundations. I have purchased a couple pieces of machinery for the work I have done and am looking to add equipment services to the list of things I do. I have a grapple, auger, mower, pallet forks and trencher for my track loader, and I also have a Mini Excavator with both a 12" and a 24" bucket. I am looking to do anything I can to make some money with the equipment. I have been bidding a ton of projects but with 20-30 bidders per project things are very tight and I am not working for free.

How do you advertise equipment services? i am looking to do retaining walls, ponds, rural mowing, land clearing, barn/tack house construction, along with the normal services I offer. There are alot of larger lots not far from my shop and I dont thing hanging flyers on mail boxes a 1/2 mile apart is effective. I think the yellowpages is a waste of time.

What do you guys with equipment companies do to compete with the rental yards? $300 for the day to rent a s130 is cheap. Plus most home-owners want to play with the machine for the day.

Thanks
Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts