Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a new position recently doing commercial work and maintenance. With only a handful of commercial projects under my belt, I must say I enjoy it full-time.

This was my baby. It pales in comparison to some of y'alls projects, but this is new to me and
I'm still wet behind the ears, turning 30 before Christmas.

Unfortunately I won't post the final result for privacy but here's a before and after. Wall framed out to accommodate a 3' x 21' graphic.

Shown with one primer coat. Soffit down was finished with a deep red, almost blood red and top was a light yellow.

ForumRunner_20131022_095121.jpg

ForumRunner_20131022_095213.jpg

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've spent a few hours in retail stores....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, pales in comparison. :laughing:

This run of stores are temporary stores in test markets. We have 5-7 days to remodel, do any needed mechinicals and set fixtures and graphics. Scope is less then building a permanent location.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Like I said, pales in comparison. :laughing:

This run of stores are temporary stores in test markets. We have 5-7 days to remodel, do any needed mechinicals and set fixtures and graphics. Scope is less then building a permanent location.
LoL I just do low voltage, it's screw all in the grand scope of the project.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you, still cool to be a part of it huh?! We painted a Walmart a couple months ago, trades stacked all over each other, PM wasn't the greatest.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have been a part of a few grocery store remodels, the stores were 24hr stores, and we had to to do it when the stores were open for business. all of them included additions, new accoustical ceilings, moving the pharmacy, bakery, meat, and produce sections. all the stores took over a year because we had to spend about 2 to 3 hours every night cleaning any mess we made. ever try to do a 16' high ceiling with a customer wanting to get in the aisle your working in?

·
Registered
232 Posts
we had to spend about 2 to 3 hours every night cleaning any mess we madeQUOTE]

been there done this too, it sucks bad, you end up packing up early and early every night to make cleaning up easier,

I think it takes same amount of time to clean up from 2 guys as it does 10,

next job I am just going to price a cleaning sub into budget to come in at 5 am, instead of having my guys stay back and sweep after 10 hrs of work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts