Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators, I know this thread's been closed but please let me say this...

The 'WRONG' is incurred with who is doling out these 'exorbitant' amounts of money... --Tom R.

Are you kidding me? You don't think it's wrong to price-gouge and make an extraordinary profit off of a disaster? You don't think it's wrong to take advantage of a dire situation for your own personal gain? You don't think it's wrong to make me pay higher taxes or cut social service programs or make the U.S. become further indebted to Asia in order to pay your exorbitant charges? You don't think it's wrong that adults like this roofer are teaching (his) children to be unethical beings?

I am simply amazed that almost all of the 6 pages of dialogue that were dedicated to the "Roofer" thread failed to address and condemn the behavior of this roofer.

I am not a big fan of the government, but what is more damaging to the fabric of our society and to the future of this country is an adult who shows no integrity and extremely poor moral character.

-Christine

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Actually, I do think it's 'wrong', - - but it's also a two-step process, - - if you take care of the first, - - there is no second.

Take your 'gripes' out on the people doing it, - - not on some 'statement' of mine you're taking out of context.

If you have other 'issues', - - no problem, - - I'm willing to discuss them 'directly'.

But this issue isn't 'mine' to argue.

P.S. I suggest you read the 'Ladder' topic further down in this same 'General Discussion' forum, - - mine is post #5.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, I never meant to imply that you yourself are of poor moral character. I was disagreeing with your (and others’) focus on the government being in the wrong (or more in the wrong). It also was not my intention to quote you out of context. I assumed most people had read your full post and since my response had only to do with that one statement in your message, I didn’t quote the whole thing. I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I was setting you up and attacking you personally. I will be more careful next time in how I phrase things.

(But don’t condescend to me.)

-Christine

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Christine said:
Tom, I never meant to imply that you yourself are of poor moral character. I was disagreeing with your (and others’) focus on the government being in the wrong (or more in the wrong). It also was not my intention to quote you out of context. I assumed most people had read your full post and since my response had only to do with that one statement in your message, I didn’t quote the whole thing. I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I was setting you up and attacking you personally. I will be more careful next time in how I phrase things.

(But don’t condescend to me.)

-Christine
No apology necessary, - - thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
You sure know how to charm the ladies Tom.

Bob
And there, friend, is the 'difference'.

I don't have that weakness.

I'm the same person in any room.

I don't base my views/opinions on the 'gender' of who I am talking to.

THAT would be condescending.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tom, I am new to the forum, but in reading and touring the site I have indeed caught the whiff of and evidence of an exterme brand of "self-reliance" conservatism. In the vain of pull your boot straps and unfettered free markets. That idealogic thread is what I beleave betrayed the feelings felt and remarked on by Christine. And there was a note of smarm in your reply, though I doubt gender played a major role. It maybe your mannerism, which is consistent with the politics you express.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
The Yaz Man said:
Tom, I am new to the forum, but in reading and touring the site I have indeed caught the whiff of and evidence of an exterme brand of "self-reliance" conservatism. In the vain of pull your boot straps and unfettered free markets. That idealogic thread is what I beleave betrayed the feelings felt and remarked on by Christine. And there was a note of smarm in your reply, though I doubt gender played a major role. It maybe your mannerism, which is consistent with the politics you express.
Very well could be, Yaz, - - but we're no longer allowed to discuss politics, - - so I'll politely leave it at that.

Of course, I'm sure you already knew that.

So if your objective is to gain a 'last word' under the cloak of being 'new to the forum', - - you have probably succeeded and won yourself a free pass.

But if your objective was more on the line of getting me to debate your 'opinions' and get myself possibly warned or even banned, - - then you have failed miserably.

Also, on a side note, I actually should have stated before, - - my apologies to Christine for any 'smarm'.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
Oh man! I think I just got called a ****.

I guess I set myself up for that, witty Tom.

Bob
Yeah, you did set yourself up pretty good for that one, - - anyway, you know I'm just kiddin'.

I won't tell your 3rd (?) wife you're a 'ladies man'!! :cheesygri

1 - 13 of 13 Posts