Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to add or layer a sketchup model to a photo? I did it once and it was fairly easy, but I don't remember how I did it.

I want to show a model of a small over hang how it would look on a customers house

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Import the photo and then draw on it? Pretty simple. There are other ways but are harder and more time consuming using photo-match etc..

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Import the photo and then draw on it? Pretty simple. There are other ways but are harder and more time consuming using photo-match etc..
The scale would be wrong, wouldn't it

Right now I have the model and the photo just have to add 1 to the other.
I may just try to add the model to the photo an then scale it.

When I did it it was easy but not easy enough that I remember it :laughing:

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
The scale would be wrong, wouldn't it

Right now I have the model and the photo just have to add 1 to the other.
I may just try to add the model to the photo an then scale it.

When I did it it was easy but not easy enough that I remember it :laughing:
You can scale the photo in Sketchup once imported. If you know some or one measurement/dimension in the photo, it's very easy to do.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can scale the photo in Sketchup once imported. If you know some or one measurement/dimension in the photo, it's very easy to do.
How do you scale the photo? I just scaled the model and it worked but somehow I lost the textures between the model view and the photomatch view. I must have a setting incorrect.

My brain must be going, I used to be able to do it easily but now, ..... so sad

They made a couple of changes in pro 2013 which should not have thrown me off but it did

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I see what your doing now. I normally would export my model into the photo using photoshop. With photoshop I would isolate the model and layer it over the photo stretching it to fit the given proportions of the photo.

If your only using sketchup then you should do a search on adding background to model tutorials. In that case the photo is added to a vertical surface and you can pull that surface around to make the proportions right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts