Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner of the house, wants me to add one more bathroom in the attic.
7x7 bathroom with stand in shower, toillet and sink.
Its open space, easy to get water lines and waste pipe to it.

I just need some help getting the estimate right....labor only.

Thanks

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
7x7 bathroom with stand in shower, toillet and sink.
Its open space, easy to get water lines and waste pipe to it.

I just need some help getting the estimate right....labor only.

Thanks
tree fiddy

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
One more !!!!
How many bathrooms do they have in that attic anyway?

Have you mentioned to the owner of the house that a turd traveling from the attic to the basement will travel at appx. twice the speed as a turd launched from the 1st flr.?
Good stuff.
You should tell him :thumbsup:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
One more !!!!

Have you mentioned to the owner of the house that a turd traveling from the attic to the basement will travel at appx. twice the speed as a turd launched from the 1st flr.?
Good stuff.
That's one fast turd.....

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
What sort of shower? What sort of Basin? What sort of Toilet?

That job could take anything from 3 days to 13 days depending on what stuff you are thinking of using and how complicated the bathroom build is going to be.

I take it you are going to be pipeing into the vent stack for the toilet soil and if so you need to make sure it's at least 3" as most vents reduce down to 2" below the attic. Also you need to make sure you have enough head of water to power a shower and fosets as thats pretty high up. If it's a pumped system then you will need a negative head pump also. Unless they already have a pumped system for water in the attic?

There's to many unknowns when it comes to plumbing and it may seem simple but could be a complette nightmare.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My wife grew up on the third floor. In Sicily. They had a chamber pot that was emptied into a hole in the floor as needed.

45 minutes to saw a 4" diameter hole x $15/hour = tree-fiddy.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
One more !!!!

Good stuff.
That reminds me of a note someone wrote in one of the port o johns on my job.

"All Turds over 6" long must be hand lowered per OSHA Regulation CFR 29, 1926 6.54a"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What sort of shower? What sort of Basin? What sort of Toilet?

That job could take anything from 3 days to 13 days depending on what stuff you are thinking of using and how complicated the bathroom build is going to be.

I take it you are going to be pipeing into the vent stack for the toilet soil and if so you need to make sure it's at least 3" as most vents reduce down to 2" below the attic. Also you need to make sure you have enough head of water to power a shower and fosets as thats pretty high up. If it's a pumped system then you will need a negative head pump also. Unless they already have a pumped system for water in the attic?

There's to many unknowns when it comes to plumbing and it may seem simple but could be a complette nightmare.

The attic height is 7' its open space, I would built it right over the downstairs one. It wont be so dificult to built one, I could complette the job in 14 days..
I just want the right quote for the guy..

thanks

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
The attic height is 7' its open space, I would built it right over the downstairs one. It wont be so dificult to built one, I could complette the job in 14 days..

thanks

14 days covers me for a 14x8ft batroom with removeing all tile on walls and floor all fixtures out. Re-pipe bath and shower, Leave basin wastes and supplys, make walls good and fit shower tray and bath, retile half wall and all floor and fit cabneits. That should more than cover you.

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts

thanks
You already know how long it would take? but you just "want the right quote" for the guy? Sounds to me like you are the client just checking against your contractors bid on the web.

Can a moderator close this thread now?

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
14 days would get me thorugh demo, rough plumbing, electrical, hvac ducting, and framing inspection, ready for drywall and cbu inspection whole job like that with permits in 14 days? oh wait..:shifty:

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
14 days covers me for a 14x8ft batroom with removeing all tile on walls and floor all fixtures out. Re-pipe bath and shower, Leave basin wastes and supplys, make walls good and fit shower tray and bath, retile half wall and all floor and fit cabneits. That should more than cover you.
I'll be done with mine in 10 days...same situation....only I am not:
- a framer
- a plumber
- a sheetrocker
- a tile guy
- a designer
Note to BCC: Hopefully you do not believe this ~ just as I do not believe you and the OP are "equals".
Do I hear 8 days?

:clap:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts