Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
I think they're cool, but that's as far as it goes.

We just installed 8, double bulb, 4' fluorescent lights for a customer. She got these bulbs that I had never seen. Instead of fluorescent, they each had like 280 tiny LED bulbs in a straight line pointing down. She said they're supposed to last for 80 years, and they cost $85.00 apiece. 85x16= $1360.00. That's a lot of money for bulbs. Pretty bright though.

I don't believe for a second that they will last 80 years, either. Maybe in theory, but not in real life.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I loose em as fast as I buy em, I get the three pack of LED head lamps at costco for 9.99 with batteries. I've bought three packs.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I loose em as fast as I buy em, I get the three pack of LED head lamps at costco for 9.99 with batteries. I've bought three packs.
I picked these up from costco. $25 for a 3 pack with batteries, 250 lumen. (they have a 2 pack of 500 lumen, same price.)

They are awesome for an affordable light! I have one in each vehicle and one in the tool bucket. :thumbsup:

I hope my costco get the headlamps...

Attachments

·
90%-er
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a mild case of that, too. What's your favorite so far?
I have this Coast brand one that has eight little LEDs. It has two intensity options and the stupid red light one, which is the only part that annoys me. I hate having to cycle through thirty five frickin options to get the light on the way I want.

Damn middle class white people problems!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Really like the stream lite pen lights. Can light up a tree top from a hundred yards. And is about the same size as a slim sharpie. Always with me in side pocket next to Milwaukee fastback knife.

Speaking of led lights. I really really like these Milwaukee M18 portable lights

Dog breed Canidae Sporting Group Guard dog Great dane

Shown for size

House Room Building Home Architecture

On a project about two hours after dark. No moonlight or streetlights or lights from house. Two lights both set on high and set them on gutters of house to show down. Battery lasts for hours and no drawing cords around.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I do a bit of Night Scuba Diveing and spearfishing. I have some UK brand lights and some SOLA lights. Its amazeing how we used to use a light with 8 rechargeable D cells or a gell cell in a PVC canister with cord running to the light and thought they were AWSOME now I have lights that are the size of my fist that probably put out 3-4 times the light.

·
Registered
168 Posts
EricBrancard said:
I have quite a collection of Surefire lights.
Agreed. I have more than I can use. And they keep getting better upgrades so the others just sit around. I think I've given at least two away to family because I have no use except for the newer and better LEDs with the longer run times. I'll never try another brand for hand helds. I do love my Petzl head lamp though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts