Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas to cover the high end shower base installed before my friends the drywallers and I use friends lightly:tank:get boarding and taping. I tried the cardboard thing from the original box but they crumbled it to pieces the last time since it does not lay flat on a base with its curves, curbs and seat built in to the base etc. With 9 ft ceilings they need to get in there, its unavoidable. I was thinking 6 mil poly and painters tape with a cardboard bottom underneath the poly on the base floor. Maybe the poly would be to slippery

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've used a thick saran wrap type of stuff. It's blue. Not sure where to buy it. My father in law owns a auto body shop. I buy it from him. Its good stuff. Then throw some cardboard on top of that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Scratch Protection from Protective Products. Comes in a pail, paint it on thick, and it will withstand just about anything a drywaller will do. At cleanup, it peels off slick, taking all the crap with it.

Make sure to put it on thick, if it's too thin, it won't stay together while you peel it off - then it's a pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts