Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran across Foundation Software (they are a sponser of the ABC). They advertise themselves as "America's #1 Construction Accounting Software", but until now, I'd never heard of them. Does anyone here have experience with this package?

I am not associated with Foundation in any way - this is a legitimate query... I'd like to know more about this program from any users.

Thanks,

Guy

·
Business Consulting
268 Posts
I know them. Fred Ode is the owner. Very good company and very good software, really nice people. They are out of Ohio and have been around for quite some time. Aren't as big as some of the others because Fred has chosen not to sell out to the big guys. The software is especially good if you are heavy highway or have lots of heavy equipment and complex payroll.

Their competitors are Master Builder, American Contractor, Timberline. they should be able to give you a detailed demonstration on line. Allow for at least an hour for this and have a list of questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sarah... thanks for the response. I have gone through the demo on their site and liked what I saw. What I liked most about it though, was that it is written in SQL. I'm not sure what the future is of those construction programs that are relying on Fox Pro...

·
Business Consulting
268 Posts
I understand completely, Foundation has been a very stable program for a long time because of that.

Good luck to you, I'm sure things will progress well. Tell Fred Ode that Sarah Keiser said Hi and is still looking for work.

·
Owner
4 Posts
The construction company I work for uses StarBuilder as their Accounting Software. Seems to work pretty good for our company and we are a larger Construction Company. I believe AMSI is the company that makes StarBuilder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts