Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you recommendations for accounting software for a SMALL business. We're talking maximum of four employees, including having my wife and my partner's wife on the payroll.

I'm completely green when it comes to accounting software, and would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Kevin not to be a prick, but I am always a prick, I think if you search this forum you will find this question asked and answered many many times.

Quick books pro. Buy contractor edition if you like spening extra cash. All it does is add custom reports and generates contractor specific accounts. I downloaded a free trial of contractor edition and setup my company then bought pro version for less $$$ and all the reports and accounts transfered over.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have QB Pro and use Intuit Assisted Payroll. They're integrated well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
PipeGuy said:
I have QB Pro and use Intuit Assisted Payroll. They're integrated well.
Same here. I also accept credit cards through QB (a little pricey, but worth the convenience), do estimates in QB (easy for billing when the job is in progress), and run the necessary reports for our accountant (don't want the liability of not doing the books right!), can run reports to compare this year to last (or whatever), run necessary payroll reports for WC audits ... the list goes on and on.

LOVE QuickBooks ... accountant uses Peach Tree.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I was kinda leaning towards QB.

Grumpy said:
Kevin not to be a prick, but I am always a prick, I think if you search this forum you will find this question asked and answered many many times.
Hey no sweat. Shoulda searched first. I usually do. :Thumbs:

Grumpy said:
Quick books pro. Buy contractor edition if you like spening extra cash. All it does is add custom reports and generates contractor specific accounts. I downloaded a free trial of contractor edition and setup my company then bought pro version for less $$$ and all the reports and accounts transfered over.

Good luck.
Thanks for the recommendation, and the tip.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
QB Pro

Kevin said:
What are you recommendations for accounting software for a SMALL business. We're talking maximum of four employees, including having my wife and my partner's wife on the payroll.

I'm completely green when it comes to accounting software, and would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin,

I'm a CPA with contractor clients and also work FT for a small contractor. I use QB pro for clients, Contractor edition at work. QB Pro will work for you and the response about the contractors edition being more money but nothing else is right on.
Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts