Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any glowing recommendations for accounting software (Quickbooks, Peachtree, Concorde, etc.)? Any horror stories? I'd like to have something that will integrate estimating, budgeting, job costing, accounts payable / receivable, etc. Something under $1,000?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The overall opinion of many BB's is Quickbooks. Mine is set up where my bookeeper has online access and can work from home, saves me office space and saves her travel. All communications are by e-mail and phone.
She is also young, single and good looking so this arrangement also cuts down on wife worries.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Quicky books pro 2004. I found the contractor editin to be a waste of $.

I dislike quickbooks's estimating feature. It's not versatile enough IMO. I get really whacky and into my estimates though. I suppose they could work for most people.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I agree - QB's estimating feature more resembles an invoicing system.. beyond that it's useless. And yes QB Pro - good :) But IMO for the overall system I would look at timberline. You can customize the components to meet your needs.. and also get within your budget.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Hey Rick, Quick books here too. It seems to do everything I need it to do. My wife is a CPA and is familiar with dozens of accounting software, she doesn't think Peachtree offers anything over Quickbooks for people like us. Don't forget that Intuit will custom program if you really need it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quick Book Pro is here too. Not much us of invoicing/estimating system though. Plus I find it convenient that I can upload all from my bank account. Every CPA also has it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts