Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
The Blackberry Storm has this app as well, but you have to have an account with a company to accept the transactions anyhow. Appears to be a gimmick, might help if you for on demand stuff, but i don't know how well it work. I didn't download app, because i am skeptical.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Anyone doing this? If so, what app are you running and how do you handle the processing fees with customers?

thanks
What choices are there for how you handle the processing fee that aren't in violation of the TOS of your merchant account other then eating it?

·
World Champion
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What choices are there for how you handle the processing fee that aren't in violation of the TOS of your merchant account other then eating it?
Why couldnt you tell the customer that if they want to pay by card, that there would be a 2% extra charge. That would cover your end for the transaction fee.

If you dont have a iphone running an app for processing cards then why would you reply on this thread?

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Why couldnt you tell the customer that if they want to pay by card, that there would be a 2% extra charge. That would cover your end for the transaction fee.
That would be a violation under almost all merchant account TOS.

If you dont have a iphone running an app for processing cards then why would you reply on this thread?

I don't have an iphone running that app. I don't even have iphone. But I replied to this thread anyway.

HAA-HA

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
You want a logic and reason from a CC company? :laughing:

Add 5% to all your bids,then offer a 5% discount if they pay by cash or check. Now you're not charging extra for taking credit cards.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Didn't know that. Why would they care, as long as they get paid. Lame
Hardly lame. They are in the business of getting consumers to use their credit card and they don't want consumers to have to pay more to use them.

If you want the benefit of accepting credit cards you agree to the credit card companies wishes on how they want to run their company.

You can't charge a consumer more for using the card, you can't require a minimum charge amount. If the customer wants to charge 2 cents you have to accept it, and you can't ask for ID either. As long as the cards signature space is signed and the customers signature looks like a resonable match you can't ask for ID.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most credit card companies supply their customers with cheques to use against their account if I do a job and the customer wants to pay with credit card I take a check and it costs me no extra.

·
Multi-tradesman defender
390 Posts
I'll have to look and see if the app will work with Paypal. I rarely take credit cards, I gladly pay Paypal for the convenience. Anything I can do to increase the chances of customers choosing me over someone else.

I am used to a previous business where I paid a 10% commission to outside sales people, so eating 2% of a transaction is no big deal. Also, we have discount coupons available in many areas, so we are used to losing a percentage of many of our sales.

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
I'm using the Merchant Warehouse app. The rates are ok, the monthly fee is low, and the app is free.

Setup with them sort of sucks, after I filled out all of the paperwork it took a week before I could actually charge someone using my phone. The process on the phone only takes maybe a minute and then you wait just a second or two for approval. Overall I give them a thumbs up so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have Iswipe in my iphone. Never activated.... Mine is unlocked and jailbroken. I can download all the apps free and install it. Let me know if you want the .IPA file for the Iswipe or anything else... Just save it in the computer and double click on it and goes automatically in your aplications file, and just sync it and you done. (YOUR PHONE MUST BE AT LEAST JAILBROKEN AND HAVE MOBILEINSTALLATION INSTALLED ON IT) I can get the 90% of the apps on itunes FREE. Here is the screen shoot of the app:

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Law of averages says you stick it to someone, eventualy someone is going to stick it to you.
Keep lubricate on hand.

:thumbsup:

Carma.
Karma.

I can't spell it..but I have seen it and it seems to be some kind of universal force.
Does it come from the Jedi knights?

ps........ It's karma.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts