Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Generally it isn't so simple as a no questions asked refund. Most banks are pretty hard core about it, they may put a hold on the funds but 9 out of 10 times they will end up being released again.

The biggest thing is to have a signature on a sales slip. Any transaction without a signed sales slip creates its own problems. You won't even be dealing with the fact of whether the transaction can be disputed for reasons between you and customer having a problem with the job, the dispute will be about whether it was ever even a valid charge in the credit card companies eyes if the customer disputes and you can't produce the signed reciept which is the first thing the credit card company will be asking for.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Richard Kaller said:
PS: We are processing well in excess of $100,000,000 on credit cards and there is no discussion in our group about customers blocking payments.
If I was processing $100,000,000 in credit cards I wouldn't be worried either, however if I was processing $5000 in credit cards l would have the same concerns as Knyte260.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.