Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contimplating weather or not to accept credit cards in the near future, and was wondering everybodys insight on this topic. Is it worth it? Do the benifits out weigh the costs? I am a small (very small) business and was wondering if offering cc would drive in some more business. If you accept cc what do you use? A Bank, independant company, quickbooks? What has worked for you. THANKS ALL !!!!!!

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I am contimplating weather or not to accept credit cards in the near future, and was wondering everybodys insight on this topic. Is it worth it? Do the benifits out weigh the costs? I am a small (very small) business and was wondering if offering cc would drive in some more business. If you accept cc what do you use? A Bank, independant company, quickbooks? What has worked for you. THANKS ALL !!!!!!
http://www.contractortalk.com/f16/pros-cons-taking-credit-cards-65984/

It's a good thing to check out
the Search button, the New Posts button.
and under Quick Links there is a Today's Posts
feature. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
We do it all online using a service provided by Bank of America as we never have the card available to swipe anyway. Quickbooks is a little bit easier but costs more for their service.

If you do want to process cards in the field you can get a little bit better rate on the process charges and there are units that attach to cell phones to transmit the information.

We just find it easier to write down the CC info on the work order and have the work and the charge all authorized. Just have to be more careful with the old work orders if they have the CC info - we shred them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is an application that I have alot of my my customers use, its called pay trace, you can access from a phone or computer, really easy and costs less than paypal . If you need any more info let me know

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is an application that I have alot of my my customers use, its called pay trace, you can access from a phone or computer, really easy and costs less than paypal . If you need any more info let me know

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did it through my bank(huge mistake). I bought the old knucklebuster and software(600.00 total). I have only one customer in three years that has used it. I wanted to cancel but the bank had an early closure fee of 500.00. If you decide to do it, make sure you have all the paper work that goes with the contract before you sign. I thought I did, and was wrong. Now Im stuck with a monthly fee and if theres no activity within a certain time frame, (They can cancel you and charge you the early termination fee). I wont ever do it again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
^agree with you, so next time you enter a contract with the bank ask ask and ask about underlying fees like termination fees, monthly dues , penalties and interest whatsoever.

I think it would be best if you would just accept paypal and other online payment since there are times the amount you would earn less on credit card transactions because of the fees you have to pay with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts