Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What confuses me is that he hasn't been in business long, but is out 30,000k and now has enough history to recommend a new service? RM, How long have you used Rectangle? How do you know that they are not going to hold your money either? Did you read their contract? Do they have a similar clause.

I have been using square for over a year now and have had no issues. The payments have always been in my account the next day. Also I looked at rectangles website and they scream fly-by-night. So If I was making a jump, it wouldn't be to rectangle.
Well when I said not too long I didn't mean a few months. I meant about 9 years going on 10. I've used Rectangle for a few months now and yes I have read the contract there is nothing like that in mine.

I know their website isn't the best but you can't judge a book by its cover, the product is fantastic. If you're happy with Square you should stay with them I just wanted to help everyone avoid any issues down the road and save money while doing it.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Well when I said not too long I didn't mean a few months. I meant about 9 years going on 10. I've used Rectangle for a few months now and yes I have read the contract there is nothing like that in mine.

I know their website isn't the best but you can't judge a book by its cover, the product is fantastic. If you're happy with Square you should stay with them I just wanted to help everyone avoid any issues down the road and save money while doing it.
9 years going on 10 doesn't qualify as not too long.

How long did you use Square? I'm not sure that I would use a service from a recommendation that is only a few months old. I and the rest of the world will judge a company not by the cover of the book, but the content, and they lack content. If they are so good, they should be able to afford a few thousand on a decent website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
9 years going on 10 doesn't qualify as not too long.

How long did you use Square? I'm not sure that I would use a service from a recommendation that is only a few months old. I and the rest of the world will judge a company not by the cover of the book, but the content, and they lack content. If they are so good, they should be able to afford a few thousand on a decent website.
I used square for about 6 months and then switched over. What other content do you expect on their website? All the necessary content is there I was just agreeing with you on the fact that the design is lacking. They are not a marketing giant like square so no they spent that "few thousand dollars" on providing a superior product.

If you change your mind there would be no harm in calling them just to see what they offer...It seems your mind is set on paying high prices to a big corp so lets end this discussion here lol.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I used square for about 6 months and then switched over. What other content do you expect on their website? All the necessary content is there I was just agreeing with you on the fact that the design is lacking. They are not a marketing giant like square so no they spent that "few thousand dollars" on providing a superior product.

If you change your mind there would be no harm in calling them just to see what they offer...It seems your mind is set on paying high prices to a big corp so lets end this discussion here lol.
I expect the TOS to be available. Guess what, Sqaure's TOS is linked on their site under the legal link on the main page.

You don't need to be a marketing giant to rake up a few thousand dollars to avoid looking like someone from 1995 built your site. I have read some claims by them and the fact, one being that they are a direct processor, which isn't true. They are an ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank. That means that Fifth Third does the processing, they are a middle man just like Square.

I am happy paying a very small amount more for a solid company that sets the standard and has knock offs piggy back my name (Square vs. Rectangle).

But seriously you talk about how much more I am spending, but you are only saving .26% on swiped transactions. WOW!!! Call up the cruise-line we are going on vacation! You are saving a whopping $260 on every $100,000 processed.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,092 Posts
How about posting something about repairing something. There are a bizillion dinky banks around the country, and many of them offer mobile payment.

Give up the broken record routine, you only need to recommend a given company once.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts