Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I have a Galaxy S4, and I can upgrade to an S5 now.....I like the phone, and I have learned to use the apps, but what I hate is how fragile they are. It looks like they could come out with a severe service phone that would work. Or actually make a flip cover for the android.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,558 Posts
I have a Galaxy S4, and I can upgrade to an S5 now.....I like the phone, and I have learned to use the apps, but what I hate is how fragile they are. It looks like they could come out with a severe service phone that would work. Or actually make a flip cover for the android.
Otterbox my friend. Otterbox.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,558 Posts
Do you have a SD card in it? I have a 64GB card in mine. I put most of my computer on the card so I can access it in my phone.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
My S4 has a protective case I got at the World of Concrete show last year, back up battery and flip cover that lights the phone up by opening it. I rarely have to put the phone on a charger anytime in the day unless I am using earphones or blue tooth headset while running equipment.

But.....coming back from Vegas, while in the air, the battery suddenly felt really hot, and then the next morning, all my pictures, some 2000 of them, were gone.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Next i need to learn to use the cloud or drop box. I didn't loose anything important.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,558 Posts
My S4 has a protective case I got at the World of Concrete show last year, back up battery and flip cover that lights the phone up by opening it. I rarely have to put the phone on a charger anytime in the day unless I am using earphones or blue tooth headset while running equipment.

But.....coming back from Vegas, while in the air, the battery suddenly felt really hot, and then the next morning, all my pictures, some 2000 of them, were gone.
Ya, pictures. That's a sore spot with me. I've lost lots of them in the same way you have. One day they were there, the next not. I've setup google drive and the autosync to the camera. Everytime I take a picture in about 12 seconds it's been transferred up to the drive and saved. I have set it up for one way transfer so you can't lose them. Works for me and now I don't worry about it. Still pisses me off that I've lost pics off the phone. But really I've lost nothing important because anything that I wanted to keep I transfer to my computer. I rarely use the battery up during a day, meaning morning to midnight. I think it's a great phone. They've really screwed it up with the updates. But I've stopped the updates at 4.4.2 KitKat and rooted. I've added an app that fixes the problem with Samsung/Google protecting ourselves from ourselves by restricting access to the ext SD card.

Google Drive gives you 15GB for free. And just open up another gmail account and you get another 15GB

It's one of the best things I've done for my business in a while.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
The damn Android OS is constantly saying "keyboard stopped responding" or some other BS app error, and yes I've done a hard reset.

·
Hair Splitter
18,322 Posts
I had an s3 for two years. Dropped it more times than I could count and only broke it once. The one time I took it out of the OtterBox. I even dropped it in a bucket of water. Took it out shook it off and it never missed a beat (I got lucky).

For my Note4 I got the Tech21 case. Military grade case and the flexible glass screen protector.

They now make an S5 that is waterproof and pretty rugged. But even if you don't get that model and an OtterBox, you will never have an issue with it.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
One reason I rarely post pictures on CT any longer is I never have my digital camera with me, and use my phone almost exclusively. I do not have the CT app, and I guess, if I did, then I would not have to resize and compress pictures to load on CT? I take pictures every day, you only have to look at our facebook page, but it is a hassle to have to edit the ones I take with my camera to be able to post here.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
The Tapatalk app automatically sizes them. Makes it easy. I wish the desktop site did that as well.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
My iPhone 6 was free with a 2 year contract which is $70 a month!
You can get all-in contracts (data, voice, text, all unlimited) for $35/month so, your I phone is costing you $35/month for 24 months or $840. Maybe you consider that close enough to free.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I like the note series, have a note edge now. The size doesn't work for girly hands though.

OneNote is a great app. Stores your files (the ones you put there) in Microsofts cloud so the file(s) are accessible on your desktop, tablet/notebook, and phone (windows phone, android phone, iphone). I find this really helpful for maintaining my expense account (use a table in onenote that includes receipt photos) as well as notes that I may want to access on different devices.

Reactions: TNTRenovate

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can get all-in contracts (data, voice, text, all unlimited) for $35/month so, your I phone is costing you $35/month for 24 months or $840. Maybe you consider that close enough to free.
I know it's not free but I have Verizon and have very good service everywhere I travel and have 4g LTE. I looked at some of the discount plans but in my area but they only had 3g and would throttle your data after a certain amount.

21 - 40 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.