Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought that I would have a topic with that title. It's been years since I built any deck that wasn't all wood, usually Ipe.

Well this client insisted, the project was less then 10 min. from my house, and it was over 1000 sq.ft.

A big thanks to Mike @ Calif.Decks for helping me all the way through. I sure needed it.

Another thanks to Greg Hartman of Fastenmaster for coming to see us and showing us the ropes of the TigerClaw fasteners. They were easily the best thing about this project.

Anyways, here are a couple of pics, though I need to return and get some more at a better time of day and with some furniture.

Attachments

·
GC/carpenter
44,250 Posts
Very nice, Mark! You can tell the HO to jump under that thing when there's an earthquake it looks stout that's for sure. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,536 Posts
Love the step detail RW:thumbsup: Is the white risers Azek?
How did you fasten them on?
May I use that detail on some I have coming up?

Reactions: overanalyze

·
General Contractor
8,090 Posts
And some say Trex sucks... Here is a perfect example of the beauty of Trex products, the ease to work with, nice workmanship and a job well done Mark :thumbsup:

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Interesting treatment of those columns underneath, Mark.

If you are happy with the trex product here's hoping it holds up down the road. That was it's problem in the past. It would be surprising to me if it did not, after all the practice they have had ripping Folks off, they must have finally learned something while stomping over the backs of all their customers.

JonMon

·
GC/carpenter
44,250 Posts
redwood said:
Hi Mike, look at the first picture in the second group, it shows the railing. We set pressure treated posts in concrete and then used the Trex railing.

Sorry Mark for not Clarifying, I was referring to Goneelkin's post about these steps here.

Stairs Hardwood Wood Lumber Wood stain

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Mark good job:thumbsup: like it or not we what we do for our customers. Greg from fasten master always goes above and and beyond with great service.
As usual great job. Clean strong and a happy customer. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts