Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I like the color:thumbsup:

You should offer one of those rolling library ladders to reach the upper uppers..

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That hood is concrete. Same guy that did the tops did that. Pretty cool, really.
how are the tops working out around your area? i had my head into that in a serious way not too long ago. sealers are still sub par for a lot of folks, even ones with low expectations!

·
Registered
Remodel
31,008 Posts
Great cabinet build!

Cement range hood? I'd probably knock myself out on that.

Interesting kitchen - the designer grabbed some of everything for it:thumbsup:

·
Hack
3,011 Posts
Nice; I like it. Any more pics of that concrete hood? Curious to see it, never heard of one done like that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I absolutely LOVE that island color. We're doing a few pieces now in Hale Navy - and I'm diggin'.

The problem with this career is all ballsy the things you like, you actually CAN do in your own place, but don't have to room to do it all.

I suppose if I incorporated all of the things that I grew attached to I'd end up living in Frankenstein's castle, but damn... I WANT.

Restraint is so key.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words.

I had a strong hand in this design. There was a designer but she was not involved as much as I am accustomed to. She came up with the reclaimed wood at the desk and bar areas. I do like that.

I don't have any close ups of the hood. This guy does some cool stuff though. Somehow he veneered the fireplace surround. I don't think this was cast in place. It is just a veneer. I may have to find out more about that.

Room Furniture Property Ceiling Interior design

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Thanks for the ideas....

Great work.... personally not sure I like it in something that is not a bungalow...

Wonder if it will be our new designer trend..... that Mocha brown sure is... I've been using it all over.... just not the entire kitchen and mostly in renos over outdated finishes....

Gonna keep my eye on the idea:thumbsup:

Best

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,334 Posts
Not white? What's that :laughing: I had a lady that wanted a warm gray kitchen but chickened out in the end. I would have loved the portfolio for that.

Looks nice Gus.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
The Remodeler
1,536 Posts
Not white? What's that :laughing: I had a lady that wanted a warm gray kitchen but chickened out in the end. I would have loved the portfolio for that.

Looks nice Gus.
Lifted this picture off a customers facebook page, so sorry for the poor quality...

These cabinets survived Hurricane Sandy. They were originally all white. We had to remove the lowers during reconstruction and the homeowner had me spray them a smokey light gray color out of a Farrow and Ball color chart. The uppers remained white. The two toned look is really cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
Remodel
31,008 Posts
It seems to me there are three major focal areas - hood, glass cab doors, and island. Those really stand out in the pictures. Great dynamic composition - the touch of color on the center island makes a big difference.

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
I really like the simplicity of the crown. It suits the cabinets and isn't overdone like so many people feel the tendency to do with shaker. Does the reclaimed wood line all of the open shelving above the desk? I like how it looks in the closeup. Great detailing where the painted portion meets the wood portion. And I really really love the lights over the island. The perfect shiny touch in an otherwise matte and low key room.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts