Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I framed for 19 years and yet never had this tool. The houses I worked on with the exception of one that caught fire are all still standing, without this tool.

That being said, never could get used to a hook on a gun. It always seemed to get in the way.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Framer53 said:
I framed for 19 years and yet never had this tool. The houses I worked on with the exception of one that caught fire are all still standing, without this tool. That being said, never could get used to a hook on a gun. It always seemed to get in the way.
Your point is irrelevant. The hook isn't going to effect the structure of the houses you've framed. You just need to be 10% smarter than the hook and you can work around it. The time you save with being able to just hook it onto a truss rather than trying to do some kind of balancing act or dropping it down just to pull it back up.

I will be putting on a product called a skyhook on all my nailers and staplers next time I go in to buy some more fasteners. They hook around joists and trusses. I'm a huge fan of hooks.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
What drives me crazy is finish nailers without any kind of clip or hook.. Yeah, I'm really gonna hold that pinner(with no tip safety) between my legs while I'm on a ladder placing a miter.:no:

I just got some piece of crap thing from Husky that has a little clip and holster and comes with three bungies you can clip on your tool that have a ball that drops into the clip. It isn't particularly well engineered but it's working for now. I think I'm going to take it apart and mount zip ties to the balls(I know, I know) so I can get a longer lead for the guns.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I never liked hanging a framing nailer off my bags. Not that I haven't done it. That being said I have always had a after market hook on most of my guns I had. Really wouldn't want to do work on joists or roofs without one. Probably would never put a hook on a saw again though. Have 3 saws that need the screws extracted on.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
kyle_dmr said:
Another set of quick connects to replace when they leak, another set to disconnect when pulling the gun by the hose. Expensive, won't fit over joists or rafters.
No thanks.
I'll stick to these
http://www.toolhangers.com
Half the price and do it all
Agreed.

I have one of these for the worm saw but need some for the Paslodes.
Had a gun come down on my head last year, (for the first time) and and hopefully never again.

Thanks for the link!

·
mindmapping it all!
142 Posts
I've been seen leaving the scene with 4 guns hanging off my belt at the end of the day. don't ask what I was doing the other part of the day. hooks are the s#!t! Oh, I've had plenty cases of blue hip from hanging guns off my bag all day and just ignoring it. just a plain aluminum hook with a little bit of swivel works well.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I will be testing one of those hooks in the op starting hopefully next week.

As far as hooks go, we had a guy make us two about 6 years ago for our two Max HP guns. He made them too large, but we have come to love them. I use the hook all the time, don't find it gets in the way and I would replace it immediately if it broke.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
That product is the answer to the question that nobody asked.

Meanwhile I had to drive around Tacoma looking for a hook for my buddy's newer hitachi, as well as a flush tip, which I had to modify to fit the newer nose. Nobody cares about framers nowadays...

In bidness since 1985, few moving parts, set it and forget it:
Tool Hangers Unlimited

1 - 20 of 26 Posts