Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I decided my new Master Suite could use a sweet bed and some end tables.

Lowe's 2 x 12's......meet Herr Rotex and Fuji-san.

Attachments

·
Registered
Remodel
31,102 Posts
Great design / build - reminds me of some of the $$$ California kings out there, but those have the side tables on arms.

Good thing you aren't planning on ever moving.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Great design / build - reminds me of some of the $$$ California kings out there, but those have the side tables on arms.

Good thing you aren't planning on ever moving.
C'mon ......

you should know me better than that.

The inner perimeter (stick framed back wall of shelf sections) has the 1/4" Sure-ply lapped with the joint hidden by the 2x corner verticals. Secured by (2) 4 1/2" Timberloks at each corner.

The outer "shelf" perimeter is pocket screwed to the inner from the inside and the left and right sides lock into the front (the 2x front corner verticals are set 3/4" protruding so the front section locks into the sides).

Walnut wrap pocket screwed to the 2x's from underside.....miters also dry pocket screwed.

Headboard also secured to "back wall" by black panhead Timberloks.

So......
it all breaks down into (somewhat) easy to carry sections. Just in case I don't end up being buried in my back yard.

I will not however, have to worry about bed noise if any frenetic activity should occur.
Or tornado's for that matter. I left a section of the 3/4 inset ply loose with finger-holes so I can slide the mattress up a bit and dive in.:clap:

·
Always Learning
8,720 Posts
C'mon ......

you should know me better than that.

The inner perimeter (stick framed back wall of shelf sections) has the 1/4" Sure-ply lapped with the joint hidden by the 2x corner verticals. Secured by (2) 4 1/2" Timberloks at each corner.

The outer "shelf" perimeter is pocket screwed to the inner from the inside and the left and right sides lock into the front (the 2x front corner verticals are set 3/4" protruding so the front section locks into the sides).

Walnut wrap pocket screwed to the 2x's from underside.....miters also dry pocket screwed.

Headboard also secured to "back wall" by black panhead Timberloks.

So......
it all breaks down into (somewhat) easy to carry sections. Just in case I don't end up being buried in my back yard.

I will not however, have to worry about bed noise if any frenetic activity should occur.
Or tornado's for that matter. I left a section of the 3/4 inset ply loose with finger-holes so I can slide the mattress up a bit and dive in.:clap:
Hilarious!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts