·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks good, I see a small round dark spot at each step. Are those LV lights?
Yes...they are lights.

An architect designed this deck and, as usual, the plans were inaccurate, vague and not too realistic.

The lattice panels were on the plans. According to the archy, they were to be attached to the posts and girders (ie set back due to the cantilever). Of course, she drew the elevation of the panels from the "easy" to figure out side of the deck. Her method would only work on one of the four sides or the deck, so I threw the plans out and brought the panels out the edge of the fascia.

We made lookouts to catch the bottoms of the panels that were 2x4s attached to the deck posts to catch the plane of the fascia.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I used the black on my last job, the relationship betweem the rail cap and the post cap looks a little large(spacing) for some reason i did the same thing on the black job. G:whistling

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
Looks cool, how about trying to take it a step further next time and do the top and bottom rails grey (or whatever) with white spindles and posts.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
hey Greg

What do you tell people about that grill being so close to the rail?

that probably the 3rd most common repair on a vinyl siding job

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey Greg

What do you tell people about that grill being so close to the rail?

that probably the 3rd most common repair on a vinyl siding job
I tell them to use common sense and feel the railing. If it's hot, move the grill away. If it's cool, then it's OK where it is.

But I do have that talk all time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts