Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, I am brand new to the community, I had worked for a small remodeling company for the past 4 years. I am now in college and have recently gotten an internship with a business company and we are working with a couple building material companies.
I was hoping you could help me with something I am working on:
What is the biggest problem you, as contractors, deal with within your profession. Anything that you struggle with day to day or something that stands out in your mind.

I know i have some experience in the field, but I also have a very limited view as I have only worked for one company.
Thanks in advance for the input
-Zach

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Let's see people not doing what they say they will do (vendors, subs, HO's, etc...) followed by Spam

You have about got your mind wrapped around an issue, that's the tick... ring, ring, ring... Hi I'm spammy & seeing your still in business how about you buy or advertise or I have a project (EC.com)
Good bye, now where was I, or what was I thinking???

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh by the way, can I suggest you fill out your profile honestly next time.

Re: "general contractor specializing in home remodeling"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what I did the past 4 years, during summer and winter when I was not in school. granted, I am not on any sort of the level as most of you but I do know my stuff

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Oh by the way, can I suggest you fill out your profile honestly next time.

Re: "general contractor specializing in home remodeling"
thats what I did the past 4 years, during summer and winter when I was not in school. granted, I am not on any sort of the level as most of you but I do know my stuff
Hmmmm, licensed GC that manages the entire project (using licensed subs when required) or someone that does home remodeling projects? If the later, I suggest switching to that & dropping the GC part for a bit - even on the internet subs don't like GC's (at least ones they don't know & appear to be shady)

Speaking of profiles, etc... Please put your location in your profile & you might want to think about posting a proper Intro the Introduction area or doing that map thing at least

·
General Contractor
8,082 Posts
hello all, I am brand new to the community, I had worked for a small remodeling company for the past 4 years. I am now in college and have recently gotten an internship with a business company and we are working with a couple building material companies.
I was hoping you could help me with something I am working on:
What is the biggest problem you, as contractors, deal with within your profession. Anything that you struggle with day to day or something that stands out in your mind.

I know i have some experience in the field, but I also have a very limited view as I have only worked for one company.
Thanks in advance for the input
-Zach

There is no problems if you follow a simple rule "If you aint got the time to do it right, don't do it at all, Or make sure you have plenty of time to do it over at your own expense :thumbsup:

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
1) Work
2) People not paying
3) GC's that tell you they're ready but they're not
4) Losing track of where u put your coffee down
5) Losing the HD signal under bridges and tunnels
6) Forgetting to charge your iPhone
7) Forgetting your iPhone at home
8) Walking away from the computer
9) that's it really

·
Banned
110 Posts
My biggest struggle would have to be dealing with these guys... No offense;)

My other struggle is finding my way around the sight, dealing with angry bosses, and worst, late lunch breaks.:furious:

Also, I hate it when other people do the work for me, well if i'm doing the job, i should be doing it!! :censored::censored::censored:

Oh, and my last struggle, coming home.

ANyway, welcome to the community!! Were always here to help, sometimes we'll drive you nuts though..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Finding where they relocated the mexican space shuttle. It was right THERE yesterday...

Reactions: ampman

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Informing guys they are doing something wrong, and they say "I've been doing it like this for years" My response = YOU'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG ALL THOSE YEARS.

Makes me nuts:censored::censored:

Oh, and no patience for people that won't do a proper job because they are TOO LAZY!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.