Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alder cabinet is the island and will get a burn through distressed finish with a blue paint and a dark stain base. I am anxious to see the sample. I should see that mid next week.

The rest is just painted white.

Big house and lots of cabinets throughout. We just have most of the kitchen ready for finish right now. A bunch more has been cut and will move on that next week.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OKMrazor said:
Gus, that's looking great. You're making me feel guilty for not posting more pix.
I know, we have done tons of things an for whatever reason I haven't felt the urge to post any of them.

I have a cool job in Marin that I need to get back to for a few pictures. Oh well....

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Beautiful work as always Gus... Have a good Thanksgiving to you and your family and try not to work to hard :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
27,725 Posts
Nice, hoss.

Y'all build or order your doors?

Reactions: Gus Dering

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jaws said:
Nice, hoss. Y'all build or order your doors?
The only doors we make sure grain matched slabs.
I know it makes sense to some shops to make their doors. But not for us.
Normally, I order the doors and drawer boxes as soon as I have an approved shop drawing. Then those parts show up before the boxes are ready for them. As soon as the cabinet is detailed and hardwared out the drawers and doors get hung.
Not to mention those paint grade doors cost about $8 a square ft. No way I would want to compete with that.
Leo and I have had some exciting discussions about this in the past. I don't think I have cracked that but yet though. :)

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exlud said:
Nice job! I threw in a thanks for those horses that look to be about 18" high. Those are brilliant.
I think they are closer to 12". And yes they are handy for all kinds of things. The most common is to sand and detail a full depth framed cabinet while the lift table is busy with other things.
NO thing beats the lift table though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts