Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be nice on the job site! :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing.:thumbsup:

For long involving jobs I do have a 8' x 8' x 20' steel shipping container moved from my yard to job site.

Real secure but pretty dark inside.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you use yours mainly for storage or office, or both?

Strictly storage. My trucks are my office.:laughing:

I do like them for storage though. I have a guy with a flat bed tow truck who has moved them for me for years. Two hundred bucks a move and pick up included,any where within reason. He is real good at it. Lot of time I will not even be there. He blocks them up with wood,keeps it out of the mud.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My trucks are my site offices ,too...the hood being my blue print table :thumbsup: I thought about buying a container or a semi type box trailer, but I thought it would be hard storing and getting my scaffolds in and out.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really is not hard,mine has double doors that open the entire end. I especially like it for my big clipper masonry saw. You know what a bear they are to jostle around.

They make what is called a hockey puck lock. Not fool proof but pretty tough to bust into one.

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
Most of those conex steel containers used on job sites can be customized: windows added, office space, vents, AC, and more. Guys out here -love- these portable containers for field offices at large job sites. They are nicer than trailers. More so, our sister company does level lifting, so all the items stored in the container can stay there during transport. As already said, they are heavy duty, secure, and mostly weather proof.

Here is an outside shot of a conex container our sister company wrapped up for a customer to keep on job sites. After it is a picture of the finished interior.

www.orbitaltransport.com - go to the conversion area for more examples. Custom conex are pretty popular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts