Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Wow really sorry for your loss. My wife was at funeral for a really good friend of hers yesterday. Car accident coming back from a x-mas party. Tough stuff

All my best

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was standing right in front of the mixer when I took the picture. it's been an up hill battle ever since I started .....I'll soooo be glad to get this one done....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This was as close as we could get the sand. It's just been one of them jobs since we started, seems like nothing's gone right. And the weatherman's talking like this will probably be the last day that I'll get work in awhile.

·
Registered
407 Posts
wow, good luck. Looking at that picture I'm reminded of the mud back in New Jersey. Trying to push a mixer through the mud, picking up your hose which is coated with mud. etc. It was maybe the thing I liked leaving behind the most when I joined the union where I worked till 2005 I got up on the scaffold and out of the mud :)

Dave

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
The 5lbs of mud on the bottom of each boot isn't do great either, then the 10lbs oof accumulated mud on the floor of the truck which dries up hard as a rock in the most inconvenient places

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Certainly nothing fancy here.....but I'm so happy to finally finish! It would be 23 degrees on one day, then 55 degrees and raining three days! The other day we worked on this basement, it got up to the high 40's and then snowed that night! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
You going to be doing the fireplace and the brick?

Looks pretty nice there really. I love winter days when the sun is shining and it's just enough below freezing that there are no drips.

did you have to use heat at all or just tarps?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yeah, this house gets all brick, he told me it should be ready in a couple of months. I still have to go back and put in the garage and wrap around porch foundation when he gets the footings in.

We would start late, and quit early, and I put tarps on everything (which was a pain in the rear end)!

There was a couple of days it would get up above freezing, but not until 12:00 or 1;00 .....We just rode it out....

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
what do you guys charge for the scaffolding,
we add around 2 bucks a sq. ft

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
nice scaffold, safety rails etc. :thumbsup:
Dave
This old house has been turned into an office bldg, and it's located on N Main st in town. There's a lot of people watching us, we're using safety harnesses, too. Of coarse that isn't a bad idea though.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts