Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be working on this place off and on for the next few years. Client just purchased this summer home and are on a five year plan to reno it.

Service mast

Anchor chimney

Cover sheet roofing?

Good Luck
Dave

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Nice quilt roof, must be a custom job. No ridge cap needed, must be high end precision work. I think someone tried to take the sag out of the overhead line coming in.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Monochrome roofs are sooo 20th century.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
wow! that dude hit up every house in 50 miles collecting free scraps!! time just got short to pick up the ridge cap....LOL, thought about doing that myself!

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That higher edge on the peak must knock the rain down so it don't get in. Much better idea than a ridge cap when you think about it.

I wonder if that mast bent in the ice storm a few years back and they just turned it while the power was out. (??)

Incidentally, the new owners report that they bought it from a contractor.

Good Luck
Dave

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
That higher edge on the peak must knock the rain down so it don't get in. Much better idea than a ridge cap when you think about it.

I wonder if that mast bent in the ice storm a few years back and they just turned it while the power was out. (??)

Incidentally, the new owners report that they bought it from a contractor.

Good Luck
Dave
Must have been a handyman hack who says hes a contractor.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
I'm thinking the poco lineman must have been a little drunk when he agreed to connect that drop.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,978 Posts
We will be working on this place off and on for the next few years. Client just purchased this summer home and are on a five year plan to reno it...........

A can of petrol and a match will only take 5 seconds.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hey Looks like some places up the road from me here in northern Ny. I think they may have picked the metal dumpster at the landfill for a while for their roof. The mast bent over to one side because of only one guide wire & they tried to get it back & it turned. Won't work with just the one guide. Is that Mast 2" or 1 1/2" Pipe?? Anyhow Good luck in that Project !!!!!!!!!!!

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
When I put a mast up AEP wont hook it up if its more the 36" above the roof or less the 18".

·
Registered
40 Posts
I actually kind of like the roof, but what's the goo around the vent (?) pipe?? Doesn't look too water-tight to me.

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I put a mast up AEP wont hook it up if its more the 36" above the roof or less the 18".
One of our first tasks is to upgrade the service. Our POCO specs call for a min. 36" above the eave line (18"min. at the mast) for the feed height, with the weather head 9" above that.

The client hasn't mentioned the roof yet so I don't know what they are thinking on that. I am going to recommend a ridge cap at least. Maybe paint it all one color. But if they don't care I don't mind not climbing up there again.

Good Luck
Dave

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I guess it could be worse, Ive seen some roofs like this with some asphalt shingles mixed in.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
They'll probably call this guy to come fix it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts