Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cabinetry is not all that special but the baths sure turned out nice.

I wish I could capture the full effect of all the finishes. The tile and the showers in these baths are very impressive. No pics of the showers though, sorry

. Property Room Furniture Bathroom Bathroom cabinet

Property Room Bathroom Floor Wall

Property Room Furniture Floor Cabinetry

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Very nice, Gus. :clap::clap:

The first set is my personal favorite door style; simple shaker recessed panel with inset door!

Design looks simple, clean and elegant.

Love the backsplash in the second bath. I'll be doing 2 backsplashes next week that I'm very excited about.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both are very nice Gus.

I especially like the first. Still waiting on the mirror?
Yes, we have to remodel the door and send it out to finish. Then the GC will have a beveled mirror made.

We made a door already that the HO didn't like.

This is in the Granny unit by the way.

Very nice, Gus. :clap::clap:

The first set is my personal favorite door style; simple shaker recessed panel with inset door!

Design looks simple, clean and elegant.

Love the backsplash in the second bath. I'll be doing 2 backsplashes next week that I'm very excited about.
The first is Maple with a 20 to 1 white wash so it should stay somewhat white too.
The tile on the floor is not all that visible but evidently cost 65 bucks a foot. Looks awesome.

Both look great, I prefer the second.
thanks for the kind words. The GC's are the real stars of these though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Both are very nice . I was going to say I like 1 better , after a closer look I'm liking # 2 also . Either one equal the same result , quality work !

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
So they built Granny a bath around
"this" faucet. :laughing:
But they don't like her enough to
buy the comfort height toilet. :rolleyes:

Your case work is great, as usual. :thumbup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they built Granny a bath around
"this" faucet. :laughing:
But they don't like her enough to
buy the comfort height toilet. :rolleyes:

Your case work is great, as usual. :thumbup:
I couldn't agree more about the toilet. I even mentioned how out of scale it looks. The owner made all those choices so what's a guy to do? This case you jump for joy when there is a desision made you can count on. Very difficult nailing down this HO for a desision on anything.

The toilet tank is about 3 inches from the wall. Of course I have to ask, WTF? GC shakes his head and says "plumber messed up and will be jacking the slab to move it closer "

Ouch. We were all in there several times getting a layout that the HO would buy off on. None of us caught it. Such a shame.

Nobody wants to use one of those offset wax ring thingys either. Oh well.

This is acually a guest house, no granny that I know of.

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,804 Posts
I couldn't agree more about the toilet. I even mentioned how out of scale it looks. The owner made all those choices so what's a guy to do? This case you jump for joy when there is a desision made you can count on. Very difficult nailing down this HO for a desision on anything.

The toilet tank is about 3 inches from the wall. Of course I have to ask, WTF? GC shakes his head and says "plumber messed up and will be jacking the slab to move it closer "

Ouch. We were all in there several times getting a layout that the HO would buy off on. None of us caught it. Such a shame.

Nobody wants to use one of those offset wax ring thingys either. Oh well.

This is acually a guest house, no granny that I know of.
A new toilet would probably be cheaper, depending on how far out of whack it is. The Villeroy & Boch's have a bolt down trap you cut to get the toilet to fit back to the wall--it might be worth a look by your GC, unless they've already started :bangin:.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A new toilet would probably be cheaper, depending on how far out of whack it is. The Villeroy & Boch's have a bolt down trap you cut to get the toilet to fit back to the wall--it might be worth a look by your GC, unless they've already started :bangin:.

I think they need close to three inches.

Knowing this owner a change in style to avoid work that costs nothing to her would be a tough sale. She is really nice just complicated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts